• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Bent Pin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

booze

I have an older Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe mobo. Its been in storage for a year or so and I got it out recently and realized the protective cap wasn't over the CPU socket (doh). Any way, there is one pin that looks brighter than the others, like it may be bent a bit. It doesn't however appear to be bent.

I read something somewhere that Asus will fix it for free. Is this true?

Also, what are the consequences of connected a processor if the pin is indeed bent?

Thanks in advance.

well it may bootup it may not, but on lga775 at a set spot the pins are bent. cant you take any pics by anychance?

If it is bent you can very very gentally bend it back to the correct location. That is somewhat risky as its easy to break it and it takes a very steady hand.

If it is bent you can very very gentally bend it back to the correct location. That is somewhat risky as its easy to break it and it takes a very steady hand.

Will there be any risk of damaging the processor if I connected it?

Back