• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

I won some ballistix at last nights lan. I can't let it sit in my drawer. It's 6GB of tracer memory. It begs to be used. So I will use it. Anyway, after owning my UD3P I want another gigabyte board, and well.. triple channel kit of ram obviously wants X58. Gigabyte has a good value X58 board I can see. Here's a review I found.

>>> Review of Gigabyte EX58-UD4P <<<

Let's discuss this board, as I really want one and need some input. Owners, especially needing your input! :santa:

I got the UD3R X58 for 168 shipped and tis pretty nice, got a bit of vdroop but thats expected with i7 i would imagine.

I've got one, it's pretty decent for everyday 24/7 usage, however I haven't really pushed it yet or anything. Waiting on my D0 and new RAM before I do so ;)

I've got one, it's pretty decent for everyday 24/7 usage, however I haven't really pushed it yet or anything. Waiting on my D0 and new RAM before I do so ;)

SHould I order my i7 immedaltely so I can make sure I get d0? Isn't that supposed to be this new amazing stepping? (plus I can get hawx)

SHould I order my i7 immedaltely so I can make sure I get d0? Isn't that supposed to be this new amazing stepping? (plus I can get hawx)

Only place I've seen in the USA that guarantees D0 chips is TankGuys and this guy on eBay, he said he should be getting another shipment this week.

However the UD4P needs BIOS F6 or newer to support D0 chips. Newegg goes through inventory fast so all their boards should have at least F6 on them (came out Feb 26th).

I won some ballistix at last nights lan. I can't let it sit in my drawer. It's 6GB of tracer memory. It begs to be used. So I will use it. Anyway, after owning my UD3P I want another gigabyte board, and well.. triple channel kit of ram obviously wants X58. Gigabyte has a good value X58 board I can see. Here's a review I found.

>>> Review of Gigabyte EX58-UD4P <<<

Let's discuss this board, as I really want one and need some input. Owners, especially needing your input! :santa:
UD4P has the same BIOS as the upper end versions - just not all of the bells and whistles.
I'm down to that one or a P6T for my i7 build.

I have the ud4p and the asus p6t deluxe, and easily would take another ud4p by choice.I have 2 920's and the one in the ud4 will run if I keep my room very cool at 4.515 and do benches. but that chip wont run in the p6t for some reason, just wont power up at all. the ud4p is in my opinion the best value in an x58 board.

Back