• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 mobo to choice from, help me pick please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

As.Is

Registered
Tough time picking one mobo over the 4 other diffrent versions but same model for my new build, so I will need help with it. This is my current thread on my new build...

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=6074327#post6074327

...and this is the parts I already picked out.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/47/33316372.jpg

I might be changing my ram stick though to another brand. These are the 5 mobo that I have to choice from...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=asus+p6t&x=0&y=0

...I will be back after work to check for your reply, thank you OC forum for all your help.

I can't say I'm thrilled with any of these (4 eggs for every board in the lot) but
if I had to choose, the deluxe V2, for the 4GB dimm support and 3 x PCIe x16.

Last edited:
No reason at all. BTW does the Delux v2 come with the OC Palm?

no it doesnt but im not sure why you think you would need it....

i would say consider the GA-X58-DS3R, with the latest bios you get SLI support. if your into SFF pc then look at the Asus Rampage II Gene..

Well I am using a ATI not a Nvidia graphic card and I don't need the palm just something cool to show to your friends when they come over -.-

Well I am using a ATI not a Nvidia graphic card and I don't need the palm just something cool to show to your friends when they come over -.-

well for some having the choice of both is a good option.. X58 any board with two PCIE 16x slots does CF, but for SLI the boards need to be approved by NV.

yeah but its like having 4 x PCIe 2.0 x16 when you only have 1 graphic card. Its not like I need the other 3 if I don't use it.

well its about options it would be there plus the GA board is cheaper so..... its up to you there is no right answer, choose the board with the features you need.

no it doesnt but im not sure why you think you would need it....

i would say consider the GA-X58-DS3R, with the latest bios you get SLI support. if your into SFF pc then look at the Asus Rampage II Gene..

Did you mean the UD3R? With the F5 version of the UD3Rs bios, it gives it SLI support.

Are there any other mobo anyone would recommend that would go great with my computer set?

I would say think about that UD3 ... save a little cash for that WC set up you want... Ou was steering you in the right direction. If you want to do a WC set up, do it right the first time andsave yourself the headache and heartache... Nothing would **** you off more than to get it all done and then notice you have a leak cuz you skimped...

Plus with the f5 bios as henzo said you'll have either X-fire or SLI... Then YOU can choose what you want as far as GPU's cuz you're not locked in... :)

Later on in my thread I posted that I was getting a fan system. And the only two UD3R both only have a memory standard of DDR3 2000+ or 1333. I have a memory stander of 16000

I'm sure the board can do DDR3-1600, since it can do DDR3-2000. You might have problems going with RAM rated higher than what a motherboard is rated.

Later on in my thread I posted that I was getting a fan system. And the only two UD3R both only have a memory standard of DDR3 2000+ or 1333. I have a memory stander of 16000

if your ocing the cpu the memory standard it supports wont matter. it only matters if you plan on not ocing the cpu. since the ram speed will be derived from BLCK speed.

I will be ocing the cpu. Is there any other reasons other then the cost of why I should get UD3R over P6T Deluxe v2?

I will be ocing the cpu. Is there any other reasons other then the cost of why I should get UD3R over P6T Deluxe v2?

if they are both doing good for ocing and one is cheaper, why not? some people prefer one brand over another, mine use to be Abit still they left the market. i had to make a choice but i wanted a MATX board DFI X58-jr was OOS so i opted for gene. last asus board i used was a older SK370 815ep board... after that it was Abit ever since, so really its up to you. i think there are other areas the extra 50ish would be better spent in. either in a nicer psu or bigger HD or possible SSD,etc...

the ram i linked in your other post is 1600... I have those exact sticks and they are running just fine... I have the UD3R with a i7 thats C0 stepping but its working well.. haven't OC'd it yet because I have to flip the fan...

Back