• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

consequences of flashing p6t deluxe v2 with v1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Blue-

well i've seen that quite a few users of this board are flashing the v2 with the v1 bios as it seems to be much better, but.....

what are the consequences of doing this?

do you simply download the v1 bios and flash it like if it was the v2? or does it require you to do something specific?

would i be able to flash back to the v2 if needed?

thanks

so no consequences in doing it... i thought there would have been a few atleast...

edit: asus flash won't allow me to flash.. do i have to do it from ezflash and all that?

Last edited:
yeh id really love to know how to flash the V2 board with v1 bios, been trying past couple of hours and cant figure it out.

asusupdate from windows and ezflash2 from bios both say the file isnt right and wont let me proceed.

If you want to backflash you will have to do it from the bios because the windows utility wont let you do it because it sees and older bios and thus it will not let you proceed.:)

If you want to backflash you will have to do it from the bios because the windows utility wont let you do it because it sees and older bios and thus it will not let you proceed.:)

its not about backflashing, its about flashing a bios from another motherboard.

And the windows utility will actually let you backflash, there is a option for it.

I have tried AsusUpdate from windows(vista64), ezflash2 from bios and afudos from bootable usb drive. All of which give similar error " New bios mismatches old bios and motherboard."

Im going to have a go later and flashing backwards to the initial bios for this board and then try cross flashing to see if it weakens its defence or something.

I advice you to DONT flash the P6T deluxe with the V1 bios, because the V1 has SAS ports, i dont know if it wil be a problem, but i dont recommed it.

there are quite a few around here and at XS and probably other places doing it with what seems no consequences and improved OC capabilities with lower Vcores and such... i'm not sure if i will do it, but i would sure love to know how it's done just to have the option to do it if i feel risky one day :)

Back