• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TPower P45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teddythetwig

I have a Tpower P45 and for some reason it occasionally freezes. Upon restart it gets to the diagnostic screen and tells me that there is a hard drive error and to please restart my computer.

After the first time that this happened, I thought it was my old HDD(Which does not have my OS on it) dying so I opened up my computer and unplugged the SATA cable from the drive.

A few days later, the same thing happened. This time I was afraid my main HDD had died because it was the only one plugged in. First, though, I checked the boot priority options to see if maybe it had been disabled and much to my surprise the HDD was not appearing as a boot option.

At this point I was really floundering for a solution because I didn't think that my brand new HDD had died... So I opened up the case again and unplugged the SATA cable and plugged it back in and lo and behold the HDD was there, and my computer booted.

Is this a problem with my motherboard? Why did unplugging the SATA cable on the auxiliary drive fix the problem the first time? And why does what I'm doing fix it?

Back