• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI x48 UT T3RS and 9800GX2 not playing nice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jim Morbid

Hey all.

Just got my 9800GX2 and it seems to hate my UT T3RS. While booting it refusing to displaying anything saying that there is No Signal Detected, but if I boot it with my 9500GT and the 9800GX2 in the 2ns slot it boots up fine and displays on attached monitors.

What I've just got it to do now though is to boot up (with no signal) but then as it gets to what I would assume is the windows prompt I let my monitor rescan and then it finds a signal but its just black ;-/

Anyone got some ideas?

JM

I'm not sure if this will help you any, but the User manual has an error that shows the PCI-E slots labeled wrong. Below is the correct layout.

1. PCI-E 2 = 1x Speed
2. PCI-E 1 = 16x Speed
3. PCI 1
4. PCI-E 4 = 1x/4x Speed (Depending on BIOS settings) if used with one of the 16x slots, or can be used at 4x speed with a physics card and a pair of 16x speed cards in crossfire - allegedly
5. PCI 2
6. PCI-E 3 = 16x

Thanks but I did know that, and the card should at least display something even if a 1x port.

Honestly, this board has give me nothing but a bad back from continuously messing with it.

Back