• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mountain Mods (damage claim)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alchemy1

Well, just got my $600 case only to find that BOTH side panels are damaged. I have contacted MM and FedEx. I guess I'll find out what's going to happen tomorrow.

The pic doesn't show how bad the damage really is, but I don't want to take it all apart until FedEx/MM has a chance to look at it. I have to say it isn't MM's fault. They double boxed the case, wrapped everything in saran wrap, used packing peanuts, and used cardboard panels to separate the different sections.

P1050507.jpg
P1050504.jpg
P1050506.jpg

I put 75% of the case together and I must say it is very deep, but I would have liked a bit more width. Also, the aluminum this case is made of isn't nearly as thick as my old U2-UFO.

Above is what I posted on another site yesterday. Below is the current update.
I sent them two emails and left a voice mail for them last night. I also called FedEx to let them know I had a damaged package. Well, I knew that MM was closed until about noon EST so I didn't try to contact them until I got out of work. In the meantime I heard back from FedEx and argued with them on the phone for about a half an hour. Finally, I get a damage claim filed and they want to take the entire case instead of just the side panels that are damaged.

Fast forward to 3:30 EST, I call MM because I haven't heard from them and I hadn't received an email. The guy kind of casually answers the phone and once I explain to him why I am calling and that I have tried to contact them he responds in a kind of, "okay...and", tone.

He is as rude as he can be while still being respectful and finally tells me that I need to cancel the claim and they need to file it from their end. He also said I need to call him back with the damage claim number for reference. I call the guy RIGHT back and get no answer. I call NUMEROUS times back to back and no answer. Finally, I leave a message and I send an email. I get a reply to the email saying the phone "died".

Long story short...if MM doesn't pull something MAJOR out of their #@@ I'm done with them. I will update the thread as I get more info.

Oh, AND they managed to leave out the extra standoffs that i ordered.

o man that sucks.... when i got my LL A10B from newegg, it had a quarter sided hole thru the box. found a large dent in the side panel, called up newegg had a new one sent to me. though mine was only in the box by it self, not double boxed like yours. i cant fathom how they managed to damage the panels with that much packaging.

wow, look like someone dropped it hard ona corner or hit it pretty good with something to pend panels like that.

yea no kidding... thats horrible. I just ordered a new case from the egg and I really hope nothing like this happens =(

makes me wonder, as i order things from directon.com and it is shipped to Miami and THEN shipped down to costa rica, goes through customs, then the company that shipped it (aerocasillas.com) and i have order about 8 cases in the past years and none have ever come damaged!

Alchemy, that sucks about your Ex. Ascension. I also had a somewhat bad experience with MM. Though unlike what happened to you, my case didn't arrived damaged. They shipped me the wrong panel on my Ascension case. I had to take pictures to prove this AND on top of that pay a deposit to have them send me the replacement panel. No "We're sorry" or apology whatsoever.

They don't have good customer service in my opinion. It's been 11 days now since paying the deposit and I still don't have my replacement panel and they haven't responded to my e-mail or even given me any type of tracking information. My Ascension was packed by "Bill" and supposedly according to the XS thread they are saying the new guy is not good at packing.

I knew from the get-go they had bad service but I really needed the case -- unfortunately no one else makes cases quite like the Ascension.

Good luck in getting your situation resolved... I am happy with the case and would order it again hindsight 20/20 because the anodize black finish is amazing, but I would *never* recommend them based on their customer service. :(

Last edited:
dude only 2 damage claims is not bad if you consider the amount ogf shipping they probably do, that probably is nothing compared to newegg, zipzoomfly and other e-tailers.

and is not even likely their fault, probably the usual UPS / Fedex DHL shippers treating everythign like crap

sweet now I know I'll never order from MM.

Wtf are these guys doing? A $400 case comes with no 5.25 covers and you buy them at like $10 a piece, really Mountain Mods?

People spend hundreds on their cases and they have no good customer support. Screw this company.

sweet now I know I'll never order from MM.

Wtf are these guys doing? A $400 case comes with no 5.25 covers and you buy them at like $10 a piece, really Mountain Mods?

People spend hundreds on their cases and they have no good customer support. Screw this company.
That is not very logical. Not many people want/can use cases that large. I own the ascension and I felt it was very well priced. Would I have like it cheaper? Of course. But it is a niche market and almost no competitors.

While I felt that the price should have included the 5.25 bays, I just run without them, it still looks really good and I have a "doggy door" into my case. Less time to remove stuff.

Back