• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR 1200 not 1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ad187420

Registered
I have the 4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR 1200 kit on an Asus P5Q PRO with an Intel Quad Core Q9650.

In the BIOS, it says AUTO, and has a list of speeds. AUTO runs it at 800. :(

I can set it at 1066 and run just fine. However, 1200 will not post.

Everest reports it at 800 right now.

Can anyone please tell me how to get my RAM to 1200, which is the motherboard standard?

Note: I am very familiar with BIOS and Asus boards. Thank you. :beer:

EDIT: I have tried changing the strap from AUTO to 333 and got 800. 400 on the strap turned it to DDR 2 666, evil. lol

Last edited:
Have you manually set the timings and voltages need for 1200MHz? Use the 333 strap instead of the 400. What FSB are you running the quad at?

I have not tried the timings and voltages for 1200, I'll have to find those and try. I assume the stock FSB, because the only change I have in the BIOS currently is the DDR 1066 Frequency setting. I'll find my settings, print them, reboot and try that. I'll post back with results in a few.

I have the timings set now. The voltage was set to 1.8 and the RAM is set to run at 2.2, lol. I upped the V to 2.2, set the freq to 1200, set the FSB to 333 and hit F10, BAM!

DDR2 1200 Interleaved or whatever, woot woot.
Bonus, Q9650 3.0 @ 3.2 Ghz :p

Thank you very much.

Have you manually set the timings and voltages need for 1200MHz? Use the 333 strap instead of the 400. What FSB are you running the quad at?

I can tell a difference in this system now. Minimal, but its there. Thank you again ghost_recon88 :beer:

Is this what your talking about?

Attachments

• everest bench.JPG
    everest bench.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 588
I kinda thought that might happen. Even tried increasing the voltage to 2.25v?

Tried @ 2.22, 2.24 and 2.26

Makes it all the way to the welcome screen and then BSOD as its ready to appear. I just turned it back to 6 speed and reset the V to 2.2 like I had it. :)

Tried @ 2.22, 2.24 and 2.26

Makes it all the way to the welcome screen and then BSOD as its ready to appear. I just turned it back to 6 speed and reset the V to 2.2 like I had it. :)

Try changing the command rate from 2T to 1T, that should work with just 2 sticks.

any one else know what normal ddr1200 scores ? cause I get this with my ddr800

Your CPU is at 4.5 GHz, the OP is at 3.0 GHz. All that RAM speed doesn't come close to making up the CPU clock difference.
Are you paying attention ad187420?

Here's mine, it's a little of both CPU & RAM:

Memset2.jpg

Notice that ||Console||'s Write is uber fast from the processor speed. My Read, Copy and Latency are better than either of you. The key is to find a happy medium between clock speed and RAM speed.

Last edited:
Your CPU is at 4.5 GHz, the OP is at 3.0 GHz. All that RAM speed doesn't come close to making up the CPU clock difference.
Are you paying attention ad187420?
That wasn't me that asked that question. :beer: lol

If I'm not mistaken.

I'll try the other suggestion after work today. Thanks. :santa:

Back