• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choices Choices Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THE_SOURCE41

I am really lost on what mobo to get. I have been looking at the Evga classified, and the A1. I have also looked at the ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58.
I am planning on slightly overclocking and will eventually want to run 2 gtx 285s in sli.
I am mostly gonna be playing games with it.
I have not decided which i7 i am gonna get but I am leaning towards the 765 or 740.
any ideas will be much appreciated!

Sam

I have the same problem. I'm looking at the ASUS P6T. Originally I was gonna get the P6T so I can potentially go 3-way SLI, but I don't think I'll ever go past 2-way SLI so that opens up my options. Regular P6T or P6T Deluxe V2? Maybe a Gigabyte mobo? Evga? My video card will be the evga GTX 285. Processor will be the core i7 920.

Throw away the 965 and 940, and get a 920 D0. You can easily get it to 4 Ghz on air with MINIMAL voltage ~1.28v

No need to waste money on a 940 or 965

Back