• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4GB on one DIMM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

Is there any RAM out there that fits 4GB on a single DIMM? DDR2 or DDR3 it doesn't matter. If not, how long do you think it will take for manufacturers to fit it (as the process shrinks)?

I saw on Anandtech a little while ago that Samsung is ramping up DDR3 production this year and has 4GB modules in the works.

I would guess by 2010 we can expect overclocking 4GB modules. Possibly sooner, but they'll cost a butt load.

The 4GB modules available now aren't very fast, mainly for servers right?

I saw on Anandtech a little while ago that Samsung is ramping up DDR3 production this year and has 4GB modules in the works.

I would guess by 2010 we can expect overclocking 4GB modules. Possibly sooner, but they'll cost a butt load.

The 4GB modules available now aren't very fast, mainly for servers right?

Yep. FB-DIMMs and a few select DDR3-1066MHz sticks.

Hmh. It could be 16384 PB too... :screwy:
May be quite a while before that happens, humanity oughta have destroyed themselves before that's even a realistic thought.

Google Memristor and racetrack memory if you want to see what we'll have soon.

^ Perhaps not, but these 4gigers should drive the price of 2gb dimms down and keep them there.

Back