• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5E3 Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

patrickrc51

Registered
I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the new board. I just don't know what to do about the Ram? I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with 4gb. The ASUS Manual says you can only use specific brands at cirtin speeds blah blah... Do I have to stick with the ASUS Specs? If I want to run 2x2gb it says I can only run 1333mhz DDR3 sticks. If I wanna go faster I can only go with the 1gb sticks per slot x4 to get the 4gb. I was thinking of going with DDR3 1600 w/ 2x2 stix but the ASUS specs dont give you a DIMM option.

What do you think?
Patrick

The X48 chipset natively supports DDR3-1600, and Asus unofficially supports up to DDR3-2000 for the P5E3 Premium.

The X48 chipset natively supports DDR3-1600, and Asus unofficially supports up to DDR3-2000 for the P5E3 Premium.

I know but the Damn user man only gives you corsair as the DIMM to be used at 2000... There is very limited choices with the manual. I would like to run 2x2 Dimms and maybe ad 2x2 more later for 8gb if I wanted.

I would hate to spend 125 bucks on some Patriot Viper 1800mhz and it not work.

Back