• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Just got this yesterday, hooked it up last night with my Q9550 and 2x 9800gx2. Only problem is I can not get the lan ports to work. They are enabled, I downloaded the Lan drivers and installed, looks like they try to aquire IP addresses but take a long time and then never find them. Have 2 other rigs running that have Internet access with no problems. I take that back, on both of the other rigs I started to get IP conflict errors. I will pull my sound card tonight and install my wireless adapter and see if that works.

Just got this yesterday, hooked it up last night with my Q9550 and 2x 9800gx2. Only problem is I can not get the lan ports to work. They are enabled, I downloaded the Lan drivers and installed, looks like they try to aquire IP addresses but take a long time and then never find them. Have 2 other rigs running that have Internet access with no problems. I take that back, on both of the other rigs I started to get IP conflict errors. I will pull my sound card tonight and install my wireless adapter and see if that works.

Check to see if Green lan is enabled in your bios. If it is, disable it, that way they're on the entire time. green lan, if I understand it, turns the nics off if they aren't in use at bootup.

Check to see if Green lan is enabled in your bios. If it is, disable it, that way they're on the entire time. green lan, if I understand it, turns the nics off if they aren't in use at bootup.

It is disabled, I tried both ways with no change.

Do they show up in doze?

Edit: I'm stupid, didn't read.

Have you checked your router? is it hearing from your nics?

Have no idea. I know just enough to hook it up and get it running.:)

I have read about many issues with the LAN ports on this board. Most of them are issues with certain drivers and Bios upgrades. Have you upgraded the BIOS? Try different drivers (Ones on CD vs. Web)? Have you tried setting a static IP?

I have read about many issues with the LAN ports on this board. Most of them are issues with certain drivers and Bios upgrades. Have you upgraded the BIOS? Try different drivers (Ones on CD vs. Web)? Have you tried setting a static IP?

For what it's worth, I use the F9 bios with no issues with my nics. I have yet to try teaming. Are you using both nics at once?

IP conflict errors means your router is some reason messing up the DHCP. Try manually setting your IP on the UD3P to a static address.

Off the lan topic a bit, but you do know this is not a SLI motherboard? Your post reads "2x9800GX2"

IP conflict errors means your router is some reason messing up the DHCP. Try manually setting your IP on the UD3P to a static address.

Did not know I could set a static IP address for the rig. I am with comcast and do not have a static IP so did not think I could. Any tips on doing this?
Just for the record the 2 people who owned this mobo before me had no such issues.

which driver did you load ? for some reason all gigas are picky about lan drivers. I have the ones I used without issue on vista 64

DriverVer = 01/20/2009,6.216.0120.2009

which driver did you load ? for some reason all gigas are picky about lan drivers. I have the ones I used without issue on vista 64

DriverVer = 01/20/2009,6.216.0120.2009

There was only one at the gigabyte site for this mobo. I do not have the driver cd.

I know that my drivers were automatically pulled down by vista... so I can't really comment there. I think you need to check your router. It seems like the lan devices are working, but you're having some wierd issues with ipconfig. What kind of router do you have?

Back