• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage forumla - no sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bourza

have put one of these rigs together, seems like a great mobo. I have an e8300, 4 gig ddr2, 8800GTX and a terrabyte hard drive. Running Vista Business 32 bit.

Also have a DTV2000 card in a pci slot.....this may be relevant to my post.

The SupremeFX II sound card is installed with the high def cable attached. However, the computer is not picking it up at all, it actually picks up the DTV2000 card which I deperately want to use in the PC but no sound card.

have downloaded and installed (at least tried to) the latest drivers for the sound card, the computer is still not picking it up.

Please help, its driving me nuts :screwy::screwy:

in the rampage formula, the sound card that comes with it, goes in the UPPER (i think black) PCI slot, that is, the one closest to the CPU
If you plug it in any other slot, it will NOT work.
If you need help let me know.

And no, its not a great mobo, its and EXCELLENT mobo. It will take any OC you throw at it (as long the rest of the components are high q acordinly....:))

Yeah its in the slot that takes it, it appears to be the only slot that it would fit and be reachable from the rear of the box.....its got me stuffed why it isnt working to be honest, onboard sound is enabled, the vista system simply is not recognising the hardware at all.

Cant load drivers (got the most recent from the web site) when the system doesnt see it. And I removed the cable, it appears from the manual it isnt needed, still no luck.

HELPPPP! lol

Yeah its in the slot that takes it, it appears to be the only slot that it would fit and be reachable from the rear of the box.....its got me stuffed why it isnt working to be honest, onboard sound is enabled, the vista system simply is not recognising the hardware at all.

Cant load drivers (got the most recent from the web site) when the system doesnt see it. And I removed the cable, it appears from the manual it isnt needed, still no luck.

HELPPPP! lol

wait up, I could not make it work in vista 32 bits nor xp
i am in 64
did you visit asus downloads????

I have vista business 32 bit, updated via the web, got the latest drivers but as the device isnt recognised in the OS, Im stuck.

Im wondering if this is an issue with the 32 bit system - my Vista is legit but not happy having to look at upgrading just to get this bit of hardware running.

uhmmm I have dual boot (XP/vista) and had tri-boot (xp/vista32/64)
To tell you the truth, I tried to make it work a couple of times , since I coulnd I just plugged another sound card I had sitting around, for xp/v32..........
I DID have probs with it, my actual XP does see the card but no luck with drivers.
I am SURE that its got to work......
d y try latest drivers from asus?????????
take any other card out.
Many ppl posted probs like yours, but bc they were pluggind the cars in the wrong slot. there are 2 slots y can use, so ppl would go for the lower one (i think white), but u need to use the other.....
This was months ago, so maybe if you search asus froums y will come out with the solution.
Also, I have the original CDROM for the mobo, if you waht I can upload it for you..............

found what I suspect is the problem. I got this rig put together by a mate at a computer shop, free. I reread the manual tonite and it stipulates that the sound card MUST go into pci slot 1, no mention of it being able to go into either of the other 2 slots.

Checked the board - hey bingo, the card is in slot 3, slot 2 is covered by my 8800GTX anyway. It appears, due to putting this rig into an Antec 900, that slot 1 doesnt align with the hole at the back of the case, so I am assuming that my mate chucked it into slot 3 assuming it would work and forgot to check it. Gunna have a look at moving the mobo a half inch or so if possible or modifying the case a little, or use a spare case I have.

Will update anyway when I figure it out.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

Sorry but please let me borrow this thread. Does the X-Fi sound card works on other motherboards seperately?

in the rampage formula, the sound card that comes with it, goes in the UPPER (i think black) PCI slot, that is, the one closest to the CPU
I just wanted to quote this and point out I had the same problem....I SWORE, I had the card in the top slot, but upon sticking my head inside my case, I realized I didn't...the top slot is so close to the CPU, with my waterblock installed, it was pretty well hidden.

You may indeed have it in the top slot,but just for grins I would take another look to be sure...the top slot is pretty well hidden once the board is assembled and installed..:)

EDIT: I just read your last post......seems we fell victim to the same problem...I was lucky though, my card did fit in the top once I found the slot..:)

Yup - removed the card from slot 3, moved it to slot 1 and HEY PRESTO.

The card MUST go into slot 1 to be recognised although it quite happily fits into slot 2 and 3 - so the pci slot is the black one and the one closest to the centre.

I now have sound so I am stoked.

Back