• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you do!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnboy1998

Hi guys

Ok, I have £100 credit on my account, So I have some options:

1. I can put the money towards my ATI 4890 and save up the rest?

2. I can invest in 8gb of 1066 Ram see link:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/148816/show_product_reviews

3. Or I can get another 4GB of my current (see sig) 800mhz ram (5-5-5-15) for £40.00?

What would you guys recommend or what would you do, I am unsure if there will be a massive increase going 1066 or would it be better to just stick with my current ram?

Do you even use all of your 4gb of memory? If not then there is no point going to 8gb.

Ok I have been reading the thread on 8gb/4gb then my head got sore! It looks like the 4gb is enough!

@CGR just gaming so the 4gb should be enough, but would a jump 4gb 800mhz to 4gb 1066 ram make any difference really or is it a waste in your eyes!

@aoch88 got an ati board so wanna get an ati card, just incase I upgrade my monitor and go crossfire! Just unsure really! How much better are the 4890 and 260etc when compared to my 9800gt, is the performance massive!

thanks

Going from 800 to 1066 would benefit benchmarks, but you wont see any difference in gaming. I would save for a new vid card.

Back