• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45 Extreme clocking clues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

Got the board in and pumping round the Blocks nice... need some OC/ing pointers big Bios indeed.

Q6600 Kentsfield Go 1.2625VID

2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX CM2X2048-6400C4 DHX 4-4-4-12

Current Bios EP45-Extreme F3 <--- best get updating

Looking to learn some good procedure and get the limit without blowing anything up.

All temps are V good.

please help :)

UPDATE...
Yeay! Im Back in 3.100Ghz terratory... really wasnt clocking anything without the F8 Bios (didnt have a clue about the ram post)
A bit more research and its thrash time...

CPU 22`C @ Idle #Grins#

Last edited:
Got the board in and pumping round the Blocks nice... need some OC/ing pointers big Bios indeed.

Q6600 Kentsfield Go 1.2625VID

2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX CM2X2048-6400C4 DHX 4-4-4-12

Current Bios EP45-Extreme F3 <--- best get updating

Looking to learn some good procedure and get the limit without blowing anything up.

All temps are V good.

please help :

UPDATE...
Yeay! Im Back in 3.100Ghz terratory... really wasnt clocking anything without the F8 Bios (didnt have a clue about the ram post)
A bit more research and its thrash time...

CPU 22`C @ Idle #Grins#

Have been looking at that motherboard also. What CPU cooler are you using? I have the Ultra120 Extreme and wasnt sure if it would be a pita to try and mount on that board. Also the sata ports, do they get in the way of the GFX card?

072.jpg

A pictures worth a thousand words `n all that..

The sata`s arnt ideal but I have had worse to get at with the old `huge GPU card` problem.

got them all plugged... excuse the lack of cable tidy, but im waiting out for a case thats big enough.

Note. More pics `n info under water cooling forum thread `Triple RAD to RES2 remains project`

Last edited:

Theres the first two SATA 0 & 1 right under the card.
The others 2-5 in a bank of 2x2 below.
any naked card and your in business... wouldnt like to say on a air sleeved card?

(Note. pictures not very enlightening)

Thanks for the pic's. I have a GTX 280 that may be a tight fit, long *** card.
Nice rig man!!
I would like to go water eventually but not ready to take the plunge yet. Still would like to try this board, the price is right now.

Yep for the premium and the benefits for the parts that you stick in it... its worth it for sure.
only just getting to know a bit about it but for the same speeds as previous its a quick clear smooth running improvement... with tons of features. Winner!
See what it can do once everythings checked out and im in the know.

Back