• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS and HYPERX Problem HELP!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlf2898

Registered
Asus M3A78-EM
KUMA 7750 BE
Rosewill RP550
Kingston HyperX 1066 2GB

Hey everyone. Im building the system listed above and when the computer starts it: Posts then the Asus Screen comes up fine then when it looks like its gonna go to the Windows Load screen it restarts my PC? Wierd. I've asked around and people say that its my RAM setting are making the system unstable and I really have no Idea what to do in bios to change. Can someone give me a bit of help...here is the RAM stick I got:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104072

Thanks for any help everyone...you guys rock!
Later,
Justin

YEA...the stick that I have in Is only one stick (2GB HyperX)...okay so I download memtest and burn it to a CD then boot from that CD correct?
Alright thanks...any other suggestions would help out..Peace

Justin

Yep.. if you need a program to write the iso to disk ...this is a good free one. While your at it, don't forget to poke around in your bios settings and make sure the motherboard defaulted to Kingston's voltage and timing specs. Good luck

http://www.freeisoburner.com/

I had this problem and it was indeed the MOBO default setting in the BIOS that ws at the root of it all.

Like melonball suggested, manually adjust the four primary RAM timings to 5-5-5-15 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS); all sub-timings on AUTO at a DRAM Frequency of 1066 MHz, and set the Vdimm to 2.3v

Last edited:
allright awesome guys thanks for the help...Im gonna try this tonight hopefully it works! I postede a thread in the cpu forums on my temps and I finnaly figured out that I used a bit too much thermal paste...and this time I just put a dot instead of spreading itand my bios idle temps came down from 52c to 47c...I guess thats a bit better but Id still like to see some lower temps...Alright guys later,
Justin:mad:

Did it work

I've got a M3A78-EM and kingston hyperx ddr2 1066 ram.

Before I open it all up did you get it to work, or should I send the ram back?

Jon

yea dont buy that board it sucks...I got the AsRock A780GMH/128M and it rocks my socks off.
Temps are at 38c and Im running 1066...Perfect No Problems

Asus M3A78-EM
KUMA 7750 BE
Rosewill RP550
Kingston HyperX 1066 2GB

Hey everyone. Im building the system listed above and when the computer starts it: Posts then the Asus Screen comes up fine then when it looks like its gonna go to the Windows Load screen it restarts my PC? Wierd. I've asked around and people say that its my RAM setting are making the system unstable and I really have no Idea what to do in bios to change. Can someone give me a bit of help...here is the RAM stick I got:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104072

Thanks for any help everyone...you guys rock!
Later,
Justin

Just so ya know...I used to use four 1GB sticks of HyperX and when I replaced them with four 2GB sticks of HyperX, the 2GB sticks required a little more voltage than the 1GB sticks, so I got the same restarts like you're getting.

My 1GB sticks were working at 1.8v with no problem but my 2GB sticks required 2.05v to run stable. Once I sat the voltage up to 2.05v my RAM ran great.

Back