• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4gb XMS2 800mhz CL5, how much room is there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastrdrver

Looking at these mostly because Microcenter has a rebate on them and I will be back home this weekend where one is located. Looking to go from 4x1 to 2x2 to get my volts lower and get a higher oc on the Q9400. I'm needing to pull off 900 at least. I can do that with my current setup, but volts on the mch are too much for my liking 24/7.

I've done some looking around on here, but not any good info though.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0274412

Anyone know if these things will do 900 at CL5? Maybe 933 CL5?

Am I reading this right and see PSC as the chip maker for 5.x? http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=57334

Who is PSC (powerchips)?

Thanks all :attn:

Bahahaha! 900 @ cas 5? These sticks will do well over 1k at cas 5! I run a pair of them at ~900mhz as we speak rock solid (and have been upto 1000mhz) @ 2.1volts. (that much isn't necesarry though, I just use that much to be possitive.)

Cpu-z validator @942

Edit: There is the one I was looking for!

With a stock of 1066? I'm sure they will do atleast 1200mhz if they are 1066er's. My lower binned 800 mhz ram gets a 200mhz increase.

My guess is that you don't have a lot of experience with Powerchips. None of them will hit 1200 MHz. Hitting 1000 from 800 by shifting timings usually works, but not hitting 1066 with lower binned. Another reason Corsair doesn't make 2x2GB Dominators 800 C4.
My Mushkin do with Powerchips (see my sig). That's why they are more expensive.

I have the Corsair (2x 2GB) XMS2 DHX 800mhz CAS 5 modules and can't even get them over 850mhz. And thats with a voltage of 2.1v and a CAS of 6!!! Was hoping to maybe go to CAS 6 @ 1066mhz but can't even get close.

I have the Corsair (2x 2GB) XMS2 DHX 800mhz CAS 5 modules and can't even get them over 850mhz. And thats with a voltage of 2.1v and a CAS of 6!!! Was hoping to maybe go to CAS 6 @ 1066mhz but can't even get close.

That sucks. Sounds like my 2x1gb XMS2 cl5 sticks. I went to get them sunday, but thought I needed version 7.x and they had 5.x so I didn't grab them. lol

Now I'm thinking about just dropping the extra 10 bucks to get the OCZ Blades at 800mhz cl4. I got back home last night and tried to boot up and oc my 4x1 to 1000 @ 2.0V. It beeped, but hanged at the splash screen. So I reset and it would beep, but just got a cursor like in DOS. So I turned off the ps to try and do a reset and still didn't work. I had to clear cmos and pop the battery to get it to come back. Weirdest thing I've ever had to deal with. Sucks to cause I can do 4-4-4-10-2-35 with these at up to 835mhz, but can't get 1000 at even cas 5 and the rest loose. :bang head

Ouch!!! That sucks some huge ****! I am pretty glad I get such good clocks on my xms2 (non DHX). This way once I get my new chip (tomorrow!!!!) I will be able to multi and bus clock for the best speeds.

Back