• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just how much does Corsair *not* want to send you a rebate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ach3r0n

Apparently Corsair hates mailing out rebates so much that they would rather you RMA your RAM than send you the rebate. :bang head:

I contacted Corsair complaining that I still have not received my $30 rebate for a rebate mailed to them on January 10th. They assured me that I shoudl have it soon. I told them that I would not hold my breath but I would give it a little longer. Today I received an email stating:

This message is to inform you that Technical Support advises that you request an RMA for your support case. We have investigated your support case in detail, and have deemed this to be the best course of action.

OK, so them sending me replacement RAM for my perfectly good RAM is somehow going to make $30 appear in my wallet? I don't get it. :screwy:

Apparently Corsair hates mailing out rebates so much that they would rather you RMA your RAM than send you the rebate. :bang head:

I contacted Corsair complaining that I still have not received my $30 rebate for a rebate mailed to them on January 10th. They assured me that I shoudl have it soon. I told them that I would not hold my breath but I would give it a little longer. Today I received an email stating:

OK, so them sending me replacement RAM for my perfectly good RAM is somehow going to make $30 appear in my wallet? I don't get it. :screwy:

lol, sorry but I have to laugh. You have to realize how email support works at most places. It's usually an entry-level customer service position that pays...not so great. Sometimes the same people do phone and emails at different times. Anyhow in c.s. you're measured on how many tickets you can close per hour, replying counts as a 'close' and the only way there's a problem from the individual c.s. rep's end is if they get QA'd on the specific ticket. They have canned macros to reply to issues so the c.s. rep who got your email just scanned it and used the RMA macro. I know it sucks but you have to realize the individual is probably under pressure to perform too and it sucks for them as well :p

2 words: call them.

Yeah it was pretty funny tbh. lol I'm all sorted now. It took ages but I did get it. I'm still waiting on my $10 mouse rebate from Office Max ... but I sent that one in 8 years ago so I think it's safe to say it's not coming. :D

Man, times are hard when we gip you $30 AND try to get the memory back :bang head

In all seriousness, I apologize for the delay on the rebate and thank you for having a sense of humor about the whole deal.

Hmm I never got my $50 rebate from them, but I get a $30 rebate from A-Data

my fault though I sent them everything, made a copy of the UPS, lost that and found it a year later.. so whatever not getting anything from them if a no-name company can send me a rebate and they can't.

I have never had any issues with rebates ( got two checks a month after sending them in) and I have had a beautiful experience with Ultra as of recent on an RMA.

After building my machine and sending out my rebate forms , corsair was the first one i got :) , still waiting on sapphire rebate tho .

I've always received my Corsair rebates, but there was a period of time where their third party rebate processor was taking forever to process rebates.

I suspect I'll have another thread soon enough. So far my PSU rebate tracking # still doesn't even exist according to their website.

figured i would add to this, i waited 3 months for my rebate and it finally got here in the form of a Visa debit card

so basically all i can use it on is a gas purchase so i can use the full $30 without going over or under:(

and it expires 5/10

figured i would add to this, i waited 3 months for my rebate and it finally got here in the form of a Visa debit card

so basically all i can use it on is a gas purchase so i can use the full $30 without going over or under:(

and it expires 5/10

You can use it at any retailer. Just ask them to put $30 on that one and then pay the balance of your bill with cash, another credit card, etc.

You can use it at any retailer. Just ask them to put $30 on that one and then pay the balance of your bill with cash, another credit card, etc.

i was going to use the $30 to take my roomate out to her favorite margarita bar and have a few drinks, but they dont take credit/debit..hassle

i could just buy something and pay the difference..more hassle.

although not a huge deal a check i could cash and have $30 cash in hand would be much better and easier for me. they should state the rebate will be in the form of a visa debit and not a check so i know what to expect

anyway, the $30 card is being used to buy dog food and treats at walmart;)

Back