• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus PK5-E Motherboard Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nedok

Hi, I am trying to find where the DRAM/FSB ratio or divider is in the BIOS however I am unable to find it. Does anyone know if this is a feature that this motherboard has and if so where it is?

Thanks

If the BIOS is like my P5Q Pro, I don't see it either. I read that it uses a built in ratio of some kind. It relates to the FSB and the multiplier (i think its called).

When you try to change the "DRAM Frequency" from the AUTO setting you should see several different discrete speeds to select from. These are the RAM speeds that result from specific dividers being applied at the currently set FSB. For example if you have a 333 FSB set, you may see DRAM frequency options of 800 MHz (6:5), 1066 MHz (8:5), etc., in the list. You have to do the math if you are looking to set a specific divider. When you have the setting "FSB Strap to NB" set to AUTO all the different memory dividers are available to you. Selecting a RAM speed will select the strap in that case. When you set "FSB Strap to NB" to a discrete choice like 333, the choices for RAM speed will be limited to only those dividers that that strap supports. In all cases whenever you change FSB, the RAM speed will also change to maintain any divider you have manually selected.

Back