• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 1600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darknight150

Registered
So I know there are numerous threads floating around here with a list of top manufacturers, however I figured I'd start one here. Are there any specific companies to stay away from/look for? And if anyone knows a previous thread answering this question, could anyone link it? I'm looking for a max of 4GB with a reasonable price.

Don't go cheap on ram, you will get burned. You can always be safe with Kingston and Corsair, however they can be a bit pricey. This is a pretty good round-up of DDR3 memory, though not all of it is 1600

Muskin EP black
Corsair Dominator
OCZ Platinum
Gskill Pi Series
These are the one's I've used (all 3x2GB)
I've also had a few sets of kingston HyperX that I haven't been able to get diddly out of so I won't recommend them.
The best non tri-channel set I've used is the 2x2GB DDR3-1600 Gskill 7-7-7-18. Absolutely outstanding RAM that use the D9GTR IC's.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231167
They did 1800MHz at stock voltage and a bump to Cas8, and 1900 with a bump to Cas8 and 2.0V.

Last edited:
running 6 sticks of 2gig OCZ platinum right now just fine in my main rig. plenty of head room for OC too I think. just waiting on a new CPU cooler. They were excellent for the price though. ($85 per 6gig kit iirc)

I have 2 sets of corsair Dominators 12GB total and they are running 1600 8-8-8-24 no problems I think I may try all 12GB at 7-7-7-20 tonight. They are a bit pricey but they stay cool and I dont even need the full voltage with all 6 dimms full.

Back