• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EVGA 680i SLI] Software to control fan speeds

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

The motherboard has 7 fan headers... out of which just 4 can be controlled using the BIOS (which doesn't give much freedom to adjust the speed -id like it below 50% sometimes when I want silence)...the Direct Fan Control in nTune software actually worked great for this particular job, but then again I could only control 5 fans.
ntune-mobo.jpg

Heres the problem, I installed Win 7 RC build 7100 and even installed the latest WHQL certified that nvidia just released, but the nTune software has no options for the motherboard settings like pictured above. Furthermore, I had this sound issue in Vista which is still there even on Win 7 (it only works in XP)..you can read about it here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=602703

I hate Speedfan...not really satisfied with it. Any other way I can control the fans speeds for all 7 fans manually through a software? :confused:

i had a StrikerExtrem ... and i tryied like you without re**** ... I now have 2 fan controller ;)

NZXT Sentry LX and a Zalman ZM-MFC2. I love both.

Why not just wire them up with the switch to go from 12v to 7 ?

I don't know what you're talking about. Never dealt with so many fans in my case before so have no experience with the wiring and all

NZXT Sentry LX and a Zalman ZM-MFC2. I love both.
I actually looked at both of them... they're pretty cool but I don't want to spend any money to solve this problem. Atleast not yet.

Last edited:
Back