• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help picking Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b easy

Registered
P43 UD3L or P45 UD3R for a E5200? I don't plan on using Crossfire or SLI in the future and don't care about RAID0.

Any recommendations for other mobos that are similar?

p45 is a good chipset dont know what your willing to pay but theres a few around 100.00 some open box on the egg for 67.00 look and see what you need and want to pay
rich
btw welcome to the forum

UD3R or UD3P, UD3P if you want crossfire, mind you. UD3R doesn't allow for crossfire. UD3P bottom line, best budget board for core 2. UD3R is loads better than UD3L, UD3P is the same board, just has crossfire and network teaming.

p45 is a good chipset dont know what your willing to pay but theres a few around 100.00 some open box on the egg for 67.00 look and see what you need and want to pay
rich
btw welcome to the forum

Thanks.

I will be OC'ing the E5200 btw. I read somewhere that the UD3L's don't have cooling for the mosfets, which might hinder OCing. Is it true that the P45 OC better than the P43 or is that just another marketing scheme?

Thanks.

I will be OC'ing the E5200 btw. I read somewhere that the UD3L's don't have cooling for the mosfets, which might hinder OCing. Is it true that the P45 OC better than the P43 or is that just another marketing scheme?

It's true. P43's are bottom of the barrel chips usually. nforce 7 is usually better than P43.

You should be able to get a 320MHz FSB on any decent mobo. 320MHz FSB will probably be as high as you can OC an E5200, that's a 60% OC for 4GHz.

Everyone is giving great mobo suggestions, I'm just saying the chip will limit you before the mobo will.

You should be able to get a 320MHz FSB on any decent mobo. 320MHz FSB will probably be as high as you can OC an E5200, that's a 60% OC for 4GHz.

Everyone is giving great mobo suggestions, I'm just saying the chip will limit you before the mobo will.

Not even that high. Average is about what I'm getting... I'm really tempted to try another chip in this board to make sure it's not the board. E5000's routinely hit well under 4, somewhere in the middle though. 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 is high, but 4.0 is a miracle for these chips most times.

So, for my needs a P43 or P45 UD3L would work fine? Minus the cooling.

Back