• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with my Dominator...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

impression

Registered
I bought "CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory" at Newegg.

I just got my new CPU running, and EasyTune6 (Gigabyte board) shows the ram as:

Module Size: 2048mb
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400(400 MHZ)

Did I get the wrong ram? This is really low. Or is there something I can do to unlock its potential? Did newegg screw me? Lol. Help please.

I bought "CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory" at Newegg.

I just got my new CPU running, and EasyTune6 (Gigabyte board) shows the ram as:

Module Size: 2048mb
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400(400 MHZ)

Did I get the wrong ram? This is really low. Or is there something I can do to unlock its potential? Did newegg screw me? Lol. Help please.
All 1066 RAM is DDR2 800 - just higher binned ICs that have been tested and proven at higher speeds.
Set your modules to the sticker specs.
Then, you should have an option in your DRAM Timing Selectable for 1066, provided you have your BIOS specs set correctly.
Report back with your progress.

Thanks. I solved it. It's running at 533.3Mhz now, which is 1066(I think?). Thanks guys! Sorry, I'm new at this.

Back