• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Netflix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducatti

Love Netflix...

"Shipping update

Dear Robert,

Baby Mama was not available from your local shipping center. Fortunately, it was available from a shipping center in another part of the country. It's on its way and should arrive within 3 to 5 days.

You'll notice we also recently sent the next available DVD from your Queue to enjoy while Baby Mama makes its way to you.

Your Queue now shows this extra DVD rental. Enjoy.

-The Netflix Team"

So they send me an extra movie just because I have to wait 1-2 extra days for a movie... That's customer service!

I used to use Netflix a few years ago, when they were still new. Never had any problems with them, the price was great, it was very rare that I went a night without having a movie to watch. It sounds like they are still up to the same standards.

Yeah, Netflix is really awesome, I've been using it for a year now, and before that I was just going to Blockbuster. I'm definitely saving some serious $$$ by using Netflix and not worrying about late fees.

I just had the same thing happen to me from Netflix, as well. I've been nothing but happy with their service, and their online streaming is great, too. Granted you don't get the newest releases, but lots of good movies on there to play through the living room PC on the television.

I got an extra movie as well. It was after I had 4x blurays in a row came cracked and unplayable. That seems to be the main issue lately, I get around 4-6 broken Blurays a month now. Also they just raised their Bluray rate from $1 to $4. Not a huge jump but enough to make a bit of a difference. I now dropped to 2 at a time and that make the price the same as it was before at 3 at a time with bluray.

I got an extra movie as well. It was after I had 4x blurays in a row came cracked and unplayable. That seems to be the main issue lately, I get around 4-6 broken Blurays a month now. Also they just raised their Bluray rate from $1 to $4. Not a huge jump but enough to make a bit of a difference. I now dropped to 2 at a time and that make the price the same as it was before at 3 at a time with bluray.

That's terrible... I haven't gotten any broken bluray disks yet, I'm almost renting them exclusively except for TV series disks..

Myself, I'm not to fond that Netflix's base price for 3 DVD's at a time @ $16.99 and Blockbusters is $15.99 for 3 at a time. The problem isn't the dollar, the problem is Netflix charges me an extra $4 a month for Blu Ray, this went into effect a few weeks ago.

Now its $20.99 vs $15.99 at Blockbuster for unlimited 3 at a time DVD or Blu Ray.

Netflix charges an extra $4 per month if you want Blu Rays. Blockbuster does not charge extra.

To tell you the truth, I detest Blockbuster, but I'm calling I just called Netflix and asking them to match Blockbusters price or waive the Blu Ray $4 a month fee or I'm heading to Blockbuster. Since I never use the Instant viewing (And never will until they stream HD content) it's no big deal. As of late, Blu Rays are taking to long to get to me from Netflix.

Well before I hit the submit this posts reply button I spoke with Netflix, Netflix said; they cannot waive the Blu Ray fee, so I just canceled the service. But I fully expect to get a Come Back to Netflix at this discounted price...... The Netflix rep told me they be able to waive it in the future...Until then, I'll reluctantly switch to Blockbuster for 30 days. :screwy:

If you subscribe to more than three at a time, the extra Blu Ray fee could be as much as $9 as shown below in the Netflix rates :eek:

1 DVD out at-a-time (2 DVDs a month)
Monthly plan cost: $4.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $1
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $5.99

1 DVD out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $8.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $2
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $10.99

2 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $13.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $3
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $16.99

3 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $16.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $4
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $20.99

4 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $23.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $5
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $28.99

5 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $29.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $6
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $35.99

6 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $35.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $7
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $42.99

7 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $41.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $8
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $49.99

8 DVDs out at-a-time (Unlimited)
Monthly plan cost: $47.99
Additional monthly charge for Blu-ray access on this plan: $9
Monthly plan cost with Blu-ray access: $56.99

If you subscribe to more than three at a time, the extra Blu Ray fee could be as much as $9 as shown below in the Netflix rates :eek:

I definitely am not a fan of the blu ray up charge, but I am living with it. Netflix routinely gets me movies within 1-2 days (in mailbox Monday morning to return, new movie by Tuesday on most occasions). That kind of turn around time really makes me happy with the service. I haven't tried Blockbuster yet though...
They have started to stream a limited amount of movies in 720P, the selection is growing everyday. I don't use the streaming either as I use a PS3 for Blu Ray but a friend of mine just bought the new LG Blu Ray with Netflix and he says the quality is excellent. I need to review the Roku device to see how well that works..

Of course everything may change when the post office goes to 5 day a week service instead of 6 day a week...

I have been happy with them. Turn around is very good, out of my mailbox on Monday and new ones on Wednesday. Last week I had my first issue, a movie got lost. I reported the problem and the next day a replacement was in the mail. I am skipping the BR until they get the cracked disk issue sorted. It seems to be an epidemic of late.

Back