• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which PSU? Enermax or Antec (or other) for EXTREME system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If money's no object I'd be getting a PC Power and Cooling then.

Check them out here. Best PSUs made.

Good luck overclocking an MP board. They have hardly any options for it so I'd like to see what you're going to do with it.

That looks like a winner :)

Starting off with a tyan, maybe switching if I see something that is easier...

There are many manual OC tweaks you can do to any board... Plus I just heard the bus is adjustable... And since the mp/xp are the same (minus a few stress tests) Unlocking the multiplier is a 15 dollar, 30 minute operation :)

I think my cost for a new Koolance Water cooled + HD cooler + Mobo cooler + cpu cooler (2nd) + GFX card cooler case will rock..

I'm getting registered ECC ddr ram (200 bucks) 512... I know sucks... but it will only take registered.

I just saw athlon MPs for 282 and 219 (1900 1800) so thats a relief in price...

This Psu.. (225)

Bah here :p
Power Supply 475 A4 $ 225 $0
CPUs Athlon MP 1800+ Palomino 1.53GHz $ 219 $7 (times 2)
MOBO Tyan Tiger MPX S2466 $ 229 $9
Case From infotek $ 376 $23
Memory 512MB PC 2100 ECC Registered $ 198 $0
Total $1505 OR 1645 for mp 1900s...

I've got Asus' MPX. Overclocks OK with ECC...I got 150MHz out of mine. Chips could do much more (XP 1600 @ 1.63GHz) but I'm not going to fool with. Barely break 40C under full load with $8 copper coolers.

I'll probably volt mod the next one I'm getting in a couple weeks to overclock a couple Morgans. Probably won't be using ECC in it either. Half a gig of unbuffered should be plenty for it...hoping for around 150MHz out of it and maybe 1.3GHz out of the Durons. Decent little SETI cruncher.

Good luck with your project.

Back