• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Video) My Phenom II 955 Dry Ice Run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slappa

Registered
Hey guys,

I DICEd the new Phenom II 955 chip, and a very special ES Phenom II chip as well. Hope you guys enjoy this video I made of the run:

Watch in HD please

only 1.56 v core ?!? Cmon u can afford more with those temps , good job tho .:beer:

Yes, it was a very low core voltage. However, with these chips, I have found that just pumping voltage does not always help with higher clocks. Although, next time I'm sure I will be able to get more outta the chip.

Thanks for checking it out!

Nice vid, well put together.

on the voltage front it wouldnt harm to try more but then if its not benificial to add more then thers no point rele.

Nice vid, well put together.

on the voltage front it wouldnt harm to try more but then if its not benificial to add more then thers no point rele.

Thank you.

Well, you see, these new chips are more accustomed to low voltage/low temperature most of the time. But for sure I will try up to 1.7Vcore next time.

Hey Slappa where can a fellow overclocker get a dice pot ? And how much did yours run for ?

Hey Slappa where can a fellow overclocker get a dice pot ? And how much did yours run for ?

Well there are a few options. Don't know if they have a presence on this forum but there are potmakers that go by the alias bartx and duniek. They are both based out of Europe.

My pot is an all aluminum Duniek pot. This is the most basic pot that he sells, and we got it for $130 CAD shipped I believe? I'm not entirely sure as my friend ordered it.

Other options are people that make pots based out of the US. I believe kingpin is the gold standard for pots in North America.

Back