• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobos which Support S3 Sleep at 4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papafox

Here's my findings so far about i7 mobos which can use S3 sleep reliably at overclocks of about 4Ghz.

Good Boards:
Anything from Gigabyte... I've overclocked the UD3R and the UD5. If I find the right bios, both of these boards S3 sleep fine. I suspect other Gigabyte boards will as well.

EVGA Classified NF200- Works well according to my test and others
check out: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=100664115&mpage=1&key=

Some work, some don't

EVGA X58 ver 1.1... I owned a version 1.0 EVGA X58 board and it would not reliably S3 sleep. On their forum I see that some users with the new version 1.1 are getting reliable S3 sleeps at overclocked speeds while others have problems.

Bad boards:
Asus P6T ver 1- No go... My experience was limited to early BIOS releases, but my P6T would get exactly one successful S3 sleep at 4Ghz speed and then would fail on the next attempt.

EVGA X58 ver 1.0- I owned this board and could not get S3 to work above about 170 bus speed, and my experience coincided with the experience of other EVGA users.

Could others please state their experiences with S3 sleep at overclock speeds? How about you DFI and Foxcon users?

Back