• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help With a Decesion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prpz

I have read these forums and have seen this qustion asked before in general so here is a more specific version of it.
1. I live in Canada....so prices and access to some boards is a little different.
2. I dont buy online.....(just a personal thing)
I need a mobo for my i7 build....what I have is
CM Haf Case, Corsair 850, OCZ Vertex 60GB x 2 (so I need good raid 0 support) i7 920(this friday when my paycheque lands) Gskill kit of 6GB Triple channel ram and an ati 4890 and a sammy lcd 47" 1920 x 1080 and Panasonic Surround Sound System.
First and foremost I want the best OC board out there as I would like to go for the best oc of the I7 that I can3.8 and 4.1 ISSSSS a big difference to me, all I do i surf web wath bluray and play a lot of newest games , Second is it has to be triple channel ddr3 third I need two pci x 16 for a eventual second card third is decent Raid 0 performance and finnaly At least decent digital sound......What i was considering were the Asus P6T and Asus Gene
Which is better for my needs??? is there a bettter option both I can get for 299.99+ taxes at a local store.....guys please help out with any input as i plan to keep this system for atleast 2 yrs

Forgot to say I will NOT use more than 12GB of ram, I will not use more than 2 4890 and yes another board was p6t deluxe v2 which is 364.99 but expansion slots on it and third video card mean 0 to me, plus the price is less attractive I would only go for it if its a proven BETTER overclocker or has better raid sound or pci16 support.....

Got the linky thnx man Definetly will go with 6gb for now only if i need which i dount i would like to have the option of 12....one question why do you recommend that board over the other two is it better overclocker? better sound? better for solid state disks? is it worth the difference for me??? what do I get that i use for the money type of a thing? If the i7s do better on it or overclock even a slightly better or are more stable i will go for it.....

Got the linky thnx man Definetly will go with 6gb for now only if i need which i dount i would like to have the option of 12....one question why do you recommend that board over the other two is it better overclocker? better sound? better for solid state disks? is it worth the difference for me??? what do I get that i use for the money type of a thing? If the i7s do better on it or overclock even a slightly better or are more stable i will go for it.....

it's less of a ripoff ;)

Back