• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LG/Verizon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesman32

I've had the eNV2 for about a year now. For a while it was a pretty good phone. It could handle drops and such, and it was solid. But then the silver trim around the phone began to wear off, until it completely fell off. No big deal, it was just cosmetic. But then after a while the screen got so many scratches I could barely see through it. Bare in mind, this is all with normal use. It barely ever came out of my pocket.

But then today, I reached to grab my phone from my pocket, and to my dismay, the entire front keypad of my phone just slipped off, revealing a white plastic covering the circuit board of the phone, and some small buttons. Not only is it now extremely hard to type, it also looks terrible, and some of the electronics in the phone, such as LED's and the sort, are totally exposed. Now, this isn't totally bad, but I expected more from this phone. I know people who've had theirs as long as mine, and nothing this terrible has happened. Sure, there was a known issue with the first eNV2's having the silver flake issues, but that was only with the very first ones (I got mine a week after they came out)

So I get home, and decide to go online to the Verizon chat. Not only did the rep ignore me, but she refused to accept my problem, and told me to call the automated phone number, which didn't help either and just routed me to live phone reps who told me to call totally different numbers, which resulted in the above happening again and again.

Oh well, tomorrow I'll go to Verizon and see what I can do. Because of the way my contract works, I don't get upgrades anymore, and if I want a new phone, I pay full, but perhaps I can get a replacement eNV2. All in all, this isn't terrible, it's just unprofessional on Verizon's part, and quite annoying, considering I'm not rough with my phone at all. We'll see what happens tomorrow. :eh?:

LG phones suck. My wife has had 2 and my mom has had 2 also and all 4 had numerous issues and broken parts prematurely. Their phones are usually the most enticing for the money - great features, nice looking - but they are made like junk.

I used to use Verizon as my cell phone provider, and also currently use them as my ISP.

So I get home, and decide to go online to the Verizon chat. Not only did the rep ignore me, but she refused to accept my problem, and told me to call the automated phone number, which didn't help either and just routed me to live phone reps who told me to call totally different numbers, which resulted in the above happening again and again.
^
^
This is what I get, every single time I call Verizon's number. Either that, or some idiot telling me that I have internet issues because of Earthquakes... Hell, I've called multiple times before, and with every person I talk to I get the same series of questions over and over. One time, after talking to about 3 people the last person told me that the model number on the router that they provided me didn't exist, and that they don't use the manufacturer that I said was on the router. After getting extremely irritated telling the lady that, that was impossible because I had called before, plus the previous 3 people I had talked to said the make and model was fine, she then proceeded to hang up on me.

That's basically what I've been dealing with for almost two years, because their internet and cell phone service here is completely unreliable and unstable. I'm moving next month, and am sooo looking forward to it.

And like I said, I don't even use Verizon anymore. My contract expired in March and I said %#@$ them. Right now I'm using a tracfone just until I get to my new location and see how the service is out there and which network I can pick up. It's just really frustrating because most of my friends have Verizon and Verizon to Verizon calls were pretty much free on my plan.

In short... Verizon has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with... ever.

Hell here is this:
A lot of people think that this was staged or whatever, but if you've ever dealt with their customer service, you know this is how it is. They basically charged him over $70 for downloading 35mbs of data. gg. -_-

My Verizon contract is up at the end of the month, so I went in the Verizon store to see what kinds of phones and plans are there if I renew it. Not a single sales associate asked me if I needed help or was helpful. Needless to say I left a little bitter... I went to the AT&T store and was approached by a very helpful sales associate that knew what they were talking about and wasn't trying to sell me anything...

My Verizon contract is up at the end of the month, so I went in the Verizon store to see what kinds of phones and plans are there if I renew it. Not a single sales associate asked me if I needed help or was helpful. Needless to say I left a little bitter... I went to the AT&T store and was approached by a very helpful sales associate that knew what they were talking about and wasn't trying to sell me anything...

Consider yourself lucky. I can't walk into an AT&T store without being mobbed by sales people. I tried wearing garlic and splashing them with holy water to no avail.

However, telling them that I am not eligible for an upgrade for a year works wonders. I instantly become invisible.

Alright, so here's the update:

Went to Verizon. Service was actually quick for once. I showed the sales rep my phone, and he looked scared and muttered, "Please tell me you have insurance..?" So we walked over to the counter, and checked my account. It was from here I knew, I wasn't getting anything for free. He said I was eligible for an upgrade, which surprised me, but anyhow he asked what I had in mind for a new phone, and I said I just wanted something with a keyboard. He showed me the Alias 2. Surprisingly, it was only $80, and AMIR it came to about $25, so I looked it over a while, messed with it a little, and gave in and bought it. So far, it's a pretty solid phone, and I really like the keyboard on it, being that depending on the way you open the phone (horizontal or vertical), the keyboard displays different keys in different places. I forget the technological name, but it's really cool.

I guess I'm satisfied. I mean, the sales rep was helpful, and he didn't try to recommend me the $400 BlackBerry Storm.

Back