• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Rebate help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrokiller

I purchased the TX750 on April 26th, 2009. The rebate amount is $12. To qualify it states that submission must be postmarked within 21 days of date of purchase, the last postmark being on May 21st.

This last Thursday (May 14th) I was away with my family for the long weekend. I had no idea the last date of my rebate was Sunday (May 17th), regardless, I wouldn't have been able to ship it on the weekends anyway, with Monday being a public holiday.

Did I lose my chance for a rebate? Is there anything I can do right now to get it back? Should I even bother shipping it now?

I purchased the TX750 on April 26th, 2009. The rebate amount is $12. To qualify it states that submission must be postmarked within 21 days of date of purchase, the last postmark being on May 21st.

This last Thursday (May 14th) I was away with my family for the long weekend. I had no idea the last date of my rebate was Sunday (May 17th), regardless, I wouldn't have been able to ship it on the weekends anyway, with Monday being a public holiday.

Did I lose my chance for a rebate? Is there anything I can do right now to get it back? Should I even bother shipping it now?

Can call Corsair and ask if they'll be nice, but really, they don't owe you a thing. Why wait so long to send the rebate??

Send it and hope for the best?

The PO got lazy and didn't postmark a letter dropped off on Saturday until Monday - making my Gigabyte rebate 2 days late. Gigabyte rejected it so I called and she explained why. I hung up thinking my $15 was lost but a visit to the rebate site 10 minutes later showed the decision to reject it as reversed. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not, it's only $12.

Yeah thats what I did. I sent it in and im hoping for the best. But since they're so strict on their policies im gonna call them anyway to atleast try on my part.

Im a little confused. You say the last postmarked date is May 21st. Its the 19th so its before the last postmarked date.

Im a little confused. You say the last postmarked date is May 21st. Its the 19th so its before the last postmarked date.

I think he means the latest postmark permitted for his submission was the 17th and the latest postmark for any submission is the 21st, regardless of whether 3 weeks has passed since date of purchase.

Send it and hope for the best?

The PO got lazy and didn't postmark a letter dropped off on Saturday until Monday - making my Gigabyte rebate 2 days late. Gigabyte rejected it so I called and she explained why. I hung up thinking my $15 was lost but a visit to the rebate site 10 minutes later showed the decision to reject it as reversed. Maybe you'll get lucky. If not, it's only $12.

Same thing happened to me with Corsair. I mailed the rebate before Christmas, with the deadline for postmark being around January 10th. After a few months with no check, I called Corsair to ask, got right through to a human being, and they told me it was rejected because of a late postmark. I explained that I absolutely mailed it before the deadline, and they had a check in my hands within a week of my call.

Just call up, i just had two good experiences with rebates. I contacted them explained my situation and they were understanding so they approved my rebate. one of them was a rebate that was suppose to be handled a year ago. i think the days of greedy rebate companies are over.

I think he means the latest postmark permitted for his submission was the 17th and the latest postmark for any submission is the 21st, regardless of whether 3 weeks has passed since date of purchase.

You got it partially right. It must be posted within 3 weeks. The date of purchase must be between 16 April and 30th April so for someone who buys its on the last day he must post it by 21st May.

Last edited:
Back