• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xoxide sold my information?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadin

xoxide_mailinglist.jpg

I just got some random emails from American Muscle, telling me about awesome deals I can get on radical ball-busting sports cars this Memorial Day weekend. Went to unsubscribe, and this is what I was presented with.

thank god I didn't buy anything, I was about to 2 years ago for some case.

I think this deserves a resellerratings.com review and getting people from other forums attention ;)

They didn't sell you out, well not really.. Xoxide own those sites so the information stayed within there own network so to speak and wasn't sold to third parties. Not sure how much money there is in flat irons and skin care products, seems like a weird diversification to me :)

yo jab you play L4D?

seen a couple dudes with names that made me think it might have been you

Jab-tech Kikz ballz

Whoa, wait, what? That'd explain why I got two of the same email. I shop at american muscle exclusivly whenever possible for mustang parts. (seriously)

I was wondering why they sent it to me twice. o_O

I got those emails too....I just figured it was some car website I had signed up for, didn't even bother opening them. Oh well. Personally, I don't really care about getting extra email crap like this, it just gets deleted anyway. If they call me, it's another story, but email I don't really care about.

Hrm, I haven't used Xoxide in like a year, glad I haven't gotten any of these e-mails. Maybe they had a database mixup or something? Or maybe they were just seeing if you were interested, xD

Definitely a weird variety of sites they got going on.

So what! Just hit delete and don't open it, problem solved. I would hope you have bigger problems in life other than junk email. :screwy:

So what! Just hit delete and don't open it, problem solved. I would hope you have bigger problems in life other than junk email. :screwy:

Well ya, but if there email data base has been compromised who is to say there CC database isnt compromised either. im sure the OP as already done what you said, but its the idea that they gave out their info for personal gain that reflects the quality of the company.

imposter

Well ya, but if there email data base has been compromised who is to say there CC database isnt compromised either. im sure the OP as already done what you said, but its the idea that they gave out their info for personal gain that reflects the quality of the company.

imposter

It's not a huge deal, I just don't appreciate any company I spend money with sending me unsolicited emails, or worse, sharing my information with other parties. It's more understandable since apparently they own both sites, but I'd still prefer they keep their customer list separate. I'd already unsubscribed from the Xoxide mailings a long time ago, why the hell would they think I'd want to see muscle car parts based on the fact that I ordered some random PC modding gear?

It's not a huge deal, I just don't appreciate any company I spend money with sending me unsolicited emails, or worse, sharing my information with other parties. It's more understandable since apparently they own both sites, but I'd still prefer they keep their customer list separate. I'd already unsubscribed from the Xoxide mailings a long time ago, why the hell would they think I'd want to see muscle car parts based on the fact that I ordered some random PC modding gear?

I hear ya, but trust me it happens more than you think nowadays. The economy is still tanking and people will do anything for a customer database to try to drum up some business. I just had a phone call the other day from an organization trying to raise money for a children's cancer fund and when I told him I couldn't at the time (because the economy has stepped on my nuts also) he tried to guilt trip me into a donation! He actually said "why, don't your care about kids with cancer?" I wanted to reach through the phone and punch him in the brain!

Dylskee, why do you hate me? I was a kid with cancer! :p

On topic, if a company adds me to unrelated lists (whether or not they're owned by the same company), they lose my business. I don't want your darn email unless I sign up for it myself.

imposter

LOL no kidding, this happened to Visa a couple months ago. I just get a letter in the mail one day that basically said " uhh ya this is Visa, we lost a bunch of CC numbers and yours was one of them, sorry. We are sending you a new card" Which never arrived, had to call and request a 2nd one. Which of course caused a good number of things to take a dump, ie subscriptions....

I do have a great story about someone trying to guilt tripping me into donating to war vets. if someone wants to hear it then ill post it but wanted to keep the thread somewhat on topic :)

If they didnt ask if you want to sign up for that company, then is spam, simple as that, i dont care if they own the other company, if YOu did not give permission for any 3rd parties to send you offers, they are breaking some laws, start a lawsuit :D

If they didnt ask if you want to sign up for that company, then is spam, simple as that, i dont care if they own the other company, if YOu did not give permission for any 3rd parties to send you offers, they are breaking some laws, start a lawsuit :D

ITs probably in the fine print somewhere.

I know for microsoft it is, part of the "send me news updates on XYZ" type signups it says that you are also choosing to receive emails from their 3rd party affiliates and subsidaries unless you specify "Microsoft only".

I do have a great story about someone trying to guilt tripping me into donating to war vets. if someone wants to hear it then ill post it but wanted to keep the thread somewhat on topic :)

Well, I think the OP got his point across and everyone like a good story. :)

on the phone "American Muscle" right now, this is the second time i have called them. Got some BS excuse that they have been having e-mail server issues.

They always were, always will be a horrible company.

Back