• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 680i driving me nuts...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

junkymagi

EVGA 680i driving me nuts...network hiccups every second

Has two gigabit network adaptors built in that whenever a cable is plugged in will give the little animation that it's connecting then after only half a second gives disconnected message for half a second then goes back to connecting. Over and over it will act like I'm plugging in the cable for half a second then unplugging it for half a second.

I've googled my fingers off but can't find anyone else that's posted with this error. I've gotten the lastest drivers from EVGA's website but it still does the same thing.

This happened on a P4 motherboard and I eventually had to put an addon card in to be able to use a wired network.

Anyone have any clues???

Last edited:
Here's an idea, try removing the devices from device manager and restart and see if it detects them...if it doesn't work, you can always revert to a previous state thru the recovery console.
All I can think of for now..........

i know this isnt very constructive, but that board...

ive never hated a board as much as i hated my 680i.

getting a new board would solve your problems :)

/680i pleasure bash :D

other then that, im fresh out of ideas :(

edit:

yes, i did have 1 board that i hated equally as much, it was a dfi :)

I've had several of these mbs that I haven't had a problem with, but I'm starting to lean in the direction that it's the OS causing the problem. The two times I've installed xp home, it's given me this problem with built in network adapters. When I install a pci network adapter it works fine.

you could try looking in the port to see if the pins are pushed in and if they are get a tooth pick or something to get them unstuck. i had this problem with my old rig where i didn't know what was causing the problem until i looked in the port

Has two gigabit network adaptors built in that whenever a cable is plugged in will give the little animation that it's connecting then after only half a second gives disconnected message for half a second then goes back to connecting. Over and over it will act like I'm plugging in the cable for half a second then unplugging it for half a second.

I've googled my fingers off but can't find anyone else that's posted with this error. I've gotten the lastest drivers from EVGA's website but it still does the same thing.

This happened on a P4 motherboard and I eventually had to put an addon card in to be able to use a wired network.

Anyone have any clues???

The latest drivers are junk. Rollback to the older version that came with your CD. The network chip gets incredibly hot on this board (it did with a 650i I had briefly before I swapped it out with a fellow member who wanted to do SLI). Put your finger to it and you will find out. I would have a fan blowing on the chip at all times. Also, the VDroop is horrible on both the 680i/650i.

Back