• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Foxconn Bloodrage, or Gigabyte EX58-UD3/4/5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amtrak

I need some pointers on which of these boards to purchase for my final build. Price not being the absolute concern, which of these boards would come most highly recommended for ease of use, quality, and performance?

can get a UD4 for 175 out the door at ewiz right now, i like the giga x58's alot

I can do 3.9 on 1.22v and stock qpi and IOH on mine with HT on :p

prime and linpack stable.

If you do get your motherboard from ewiz make sure you purchase insurance. My UD3R just came in today and the packing was crappy (tiny box and air filled bags). Not to mention UPS looked like they kicked the dog crap out of my box. I guess Gigabyte boards don't come shrink wrapped, but the box had been shaken so violently the box flap was flipped up. I'll post a few pics when I get home.

Having worked with the Asus and Foxconn jsut today I hate them both. Asus has some irritating "auto" features that make OCing stuff a bit frustrating. Foxconn is nice but is having some problems right now but that may not be mobo related.

I got two Lanparty T3EH6's for my own rigs and like them a lot, not to mention the 6 ram slots for running 12gb of ram is nice.

Having worked with the Asus and Foxconn jsut today I hate them both. Asus has some irritating "auto" features that make OCing stuff a bit frustrating. Foxconn is nice but is having some problems right now but that may not be mobo related.

I got two Lanparty T3EH6's for my own rigs and like them a lot, not to mention the 6 ram slots for running 12gb of ram is nice.

I retract my statements on the Foxconn and the Lanparty too.

The Foxconn was basically user error and is running smooth at 205blclk for a sweet 4.1Ghz and 1.28vCore.

The Lanparty blew out two Vregs last night and killed one of my 920s along with screwed up my RAM and video card I think. No legitimate reason for doing so either since everything was well within factory specs (1.56vDIMM, 1.18vCore, 170Blclk) Still no indication of what caused this, whether it was just a faulty board or just cant handle what it was made to do I dunno... :mad:

Okay, now I can reply with a little bit more first hand experience. So far the only two x58 boards I have had are my EVGA x58 SLI and this Gigabyte UD3R. With my x58 SLI I was able to OC my current chip to 4.4ghz with 1.4v. The board was stable, I felt like it still had more in it, and the customer support/forum support was great.

Now, with my UD3R...in short I don't like it. The voltage options in the bios don't have as many increments, the voltage has to be set well above what I want for me to get the voltage in windows and "load line calibration" doesn't even help this. I didn't even think about not having an SLI bridge, but once I got everything put together I realized that I can't run SLI because the board doesn't come with one. Once I got it up and running it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to reach the same OC. I tried for over an hour to get my D0 stable at anything over 4.2ghz and it just wasn't going to happen. Finally, I settled for a 4ghz OC. I only paid $175 for this board and I just sent off a $15MIR for it yesterday. As a temporary board it does the job. It allows me to keep my system up and running while my main board is being stepped up. I would not buy this as a board to use in my main system for the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm sure the higher end boards are better, but this one just doesn't/wouldn't do it for me as a solution for my main PC. This board made me realize how much my $300 x58 SLI really gave me in terms of quality, OC'ing capability, and support. OC'ing with the X58 SLI was so easy and I could easily and quickly get answers to my questions that I really took it for granted.

Pics of the box as I mentioned a few days ago.

th_P1050527.jpg

th_P1050528.jpg

th_P1050533.jpg

th_P1050534.jpg

I appreciate the detailed post.

I was originally planning to get the P6T Deluxe, but recently started considering these other boards. Wasn't thinking of the EVGA (no real reason), but may reconsider.

@pik4chu: Could you elaborate at all on your experiences with the Asus and Foxconn, please?

Okay, now I can reply with a little bit more first hand experience. So far the only two x58 boards I have had are my EVGA x58 SLI and this Gigabyte UD3R. With my x58 SLI I was able to OC my current chip to 4.4ghz with 1.4v. The board was stable, I felt like it still had more in it, and the customer support/forum support was great.

Now, with my UD3R...in short I don't like it. The voltage options in the bios don't have as many increments, the voltage has to be set well above what I want for me to get the voltage in windows and "load line calibration" doesn't even help this. I didn't even think about not having an SLI bridge, but once I got everything put together I realized that I can't run SLI because the board doesn't come with one. Once I got it up and running it was clear that I wasn't going to be able to reach the same OC. I tried for over an hour to get my D0 stable at anything over 4.2ghz and it just wasn't going to happen. Finally, I settled for a 4ghz OC. I only paid $175 for this board and I just sent off a $15MIR for it yesterday. As a temporary board it does the job. It allows me to keep my system up and running while my main board is being stepped up. I would not buy this as a board to use in my main system for the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm sure the higher end boards are better, but this one just doesn't/wouldn't do it for me as a solution for my main PC. This board made me realize how much my $300 x58 SLI really gave me in terms of quality, OC'ing capability, and support. OC'ing with the X58 SLI was so easy and I could easily and quickly get answers to my questions that I really took it for granted.

Thanks for the post. doh i wish you could've post this earlier as i just bought a UD4P yesterday. i was leaning towards the EVGA TR but i could not resist the price of the UD4P. 220 -20 discount- 15MIR-5% CB= 175+tax.

I hear lots of good things about he UD4P. I think the UD4P is more comparable to the x58 SLI. The UD3R is an entry level mobo, which I thought would be fine for my temporary use.

Don't know if or who this will help, but here are some screen shots I took yesterday and today at 4ghz. The first shots are with an open case an limited air circulation. The second shots are with a closed case and 12 fans exhausting air out of the top of the case. I forgot to add my name and ambient temps in the shots I took today, but the ambient is about the same. The thermostat in the hallway reads 76F and I am in a room at the back of the house and it is noticeably hotter in here. I estimate the ambient temp to be 79-80F on both days.

Under Load (open case limited ventilation)
th_40ghzUD3RLOAD.jpg

Idle right after LinX run (open case limited ventilation)
th_40ghzUD3R.jpg

Under Load (Closed case 12 fans exhausting at the top of the case)
th_40ghzUD3RLOADclosedcase.jpg

Idle right after LinX run (Closed case 12 fans exhausting at the top of the case)
th_40ghzUD3Rclosedcase.jpg

Quick, kinda unrelated question:

Am I correct in my assumption that the X-Fi Titanium can be run from a PCIe x16 slot?

I hear lots of good things about he UD4P. I think the UD4P is more comparable to the x58 SLI. The UD3R is an entry level mobo, which I thought would be fine for my temporary use.

Don't know if or who this will help, but here are some screen shots I took yesterday and today at 4ghz. The first shots are with an open case an limited air circulation. The second shots are with a closed case and 12 fans exhausting air out of the top of the case. I forgot to add my name and ambient temps in the shots I took today, but the ambient is about the same. The thermostat in the hallway reads 76F and I am in a room at the back of the house and it is noticeably hotter in here. I estimate the ambient temp to be 79-80F on both days.

Under Load (open case limited ventilation)
th_40ghzUD3RLOAD.jpg

Idle right after LinX run (open case limited ventilation)
th_40ghzUD3R.jpg

Under Load (Closed case 12 fans exhausting at the top of the case)
th_40ghzUD3RLOADclosedcase.jpg

Idle right after LinX run (Closed case 12 fans exhausting at the top of the case)
th_40ghzUD3Rclosedcase.jpg

are you running LinX with 8 threadings ?? water cooling??? mine get to 95 degrees + at 4GHz with ThermalRight Extreme 120

Yes, 8 threads, HT on, etcetera. I am using the water cooling set up listed in my sig. I think you may want to check how much contact your heatskink is making with your CPU.

BTW, welcome to the boards.

Back