• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P6T reg or delux? also: OCZ gold or plat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raventy

Hey guys,
I'm planning on building a new rig and am thinking about going with the ASUS P6T mobo and some OCZ DDR 1600 MEM. However, I'm not sure if I should go with the DELUX version of the P6T or the regular? What do you guys think? Also: Do you think I should I go with OCZ gold or Platinum? Originally I was going to go with P6T regular with OCZ gold but now i'm wondering why not just go with the plat since its the same price and offers better timings?

Bump because I also want to know what people think about the deluxe vs regular.

I have a P6T, and it seems to me like a great mobo. I don't really know what the big differences are between the two, but the deluxe seems to be very popular.

p6t DELUXE!!! I wouldn't get anything else.

It is an awesome board. Love it.

I've been wonder about that too, from what i can tell the Deluxe has better power regulation, more USB slots, different onboard sound, SAS controller, an extra ethernet jack.

It looks like people are having just as much luck getting i7's to 4ghz with the regular as with the deluxe.

Platinum is better than Gold. Literally, it's rarer and more expensive, but much softer than 14K gold. Just kidding! :D

I've been wonder about that too, from what i can tell the Deluxe has better power regulation, more USB slots, different onboard sound, SAS controller, an extra ethernet jack.

It looks like people are having just as much luck getting i7's to 4ghz with the regular as with the deluxe.

Beware, the P6T Deluxe v2 does not have the SAS controller anymore. Only the version 1 board has it.

Back