• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me chose a motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_ocho

Hello all. I'm new here and this is my first post of many hopefully if my project goes through. :rolleyes:

I need help finding a mother board for my project, i Have a P4 Prescott Lga 775 cpu laying around after upgrading the cpu in my Lappy and i figured i could build a OCing rig with it reading they are capable of 4GHZ stable with the right motherboard, Iv always been an AMD person and have had tons of fun with them with that being said i know nothing of Intel Overclocking and Chipsets. but learning is 75% of the fun anyway right? so basically i need a mobo that will let me push this cpu to its limits.

I would also like a solid mobo that i can drop a C2d into when im done playing with these Prescotts.

I would like sli but it isnt a necessity.

CPU Specs
sSpec Number:SL7PR
CPU Speed:2.80 GHz
PCG:04A
Bus Speed:800 MHz
Bus/Core Ratio:14
L2 Cache Size:1 MB
L2 Cache Speed:2.8 GHz
Package Type:LGA775
Manufacturing Technology:90 nm
Core Stepping:E0
CPUID String:0F41h
Thermal Design Power:84W
Thermal Specification:67.7°C
VID Voltage Range:1.287V-1.4V

Thanks all

Personally i love this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

does everything i want. dual bios if i mess up flashing, a LOT of usb ports dual lan X-Fire and SLI compatability nice layout and all for 115 bucks :eek:

o and VERY oc freindly. it comes with it's own OC utility which is pretty nice, though i don't use it.

Thanks for the board idea, it looks really good with plenty of updatability. my only question is can you say for sure it supports SLI? Every review and spec sheet i have read have said nothing about SLI just Xfire.

Quote from gigabytes spec sheet
Expansion Slots

1. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
2. 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8
(The PCIEx16 and PCIEx8 slots support ATI CrossFireX technology and conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)

sorry man i'm an ATI guy so i have no personal expierience with SLI. i'll try and find out for you though.

Back