• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy will pricematch amazon/anyone YMMV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ou_phidelt

I stopped by Best Buy to take a look at the Garmin 305 GPS watch. I had been eyeing one for while and had decided to order one from amazon(God I love prime) but went ahead and stopped buy after a workout. It took forever to get waited on(probably didn't help I was covered in sweat and dirt from a trail run). They didn't have any one display so I had to ask if the even had them. Sure did. Asked if they would match amazon and said typically they don't but he would "take care of me". Sticker was $200 and I got it for $170. I instantly started to wonder if I should have said $150 but I am just to honest for that. They never checked, just adjusted the price and checked me out in the back.

BB usually doesn't price-match any website, just "local" competitors and even that is difficult to do. I would take mental note of that employee's face. :)

It was a manager training a new hire. It may have been I was looking a bit irritated that I had been waiting for so long. That may have played a part in it. But hey, I can't blame them as I looked like a bum off the street more or less. It just goes to show that looks can be deceiving. Now I just need to figure out how to tell my wife of my new purchase....

Back