• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High core temp - gateway M6864FX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

clearsky

Registered
my laptop's cpu cores run at around 82 degrees celsius under load (Team fortress 2, l4d..); I am aware that this kind of temperature would be way too hot for a desktop, but I was wondering if this is a more tolerable temperature for a gaming-grade laptop (I have once heard that 80 is more tolerable for a laptop than for a desktop, but then again, 82 IS a very high temperature). Is 82 tolerable for a laptop? or should I get a laptop cooler right away? thank you in advance.

I would say that 82 is somewhat tolerable for a GPU. But on a CPU??? That's insane! I would do something about that. I don't know that my CPU ever hits 60C... I have a cooling pad and I would definitely recommend one for you. Or take it back to where you bought it from and have it checked out. That's too hot in my opinion.

For a laptop, that is well within spec. Unless it is unstable, leave it.

Back