• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good mb to underclock and undervolt e5200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

Im thinking up updating my fileserver, torrent slave, and divx player , currently its running on a 800mhz AMD athlon. and to play a div x without stuttering i have to stop all my downloads,

I was thinking of using a e5200 , or maybe a slightly cheaper dual core intel, and undervolting and under clocking it down to about 1.6ghz. so i can have less heat/sound and power consumption.

what MB would you recomend for this set up below abot 50 quid

Last edited:
P5Q .. you dont need the PRO-SE-WIFI-OMFG mobo ...

is this one any good? 60 GBP with free shipping.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/152576/show_product_specifications?spectype=extended

Im new to this over/under clocking stuff

what sort of options does this have?

edit: if this has decent options, i may buy this one for my desktop to replace my P5KPL-AM which i can use in the server, i can reduce the fsb down on this, but i cannot lower the vcore, so i will need to do a pad mod of sorts .

thats if the P5QL SE iP42 is a decent oc board.

Last edited:
P5QL use a P43 chipset that is a Cheaper P45. But still good.

Depand on your need and the money you can spend on it. Ill prefer the P45 vs the P43 but if you underclock... i cant tell wich one could be better ! I would go for P43+E5200 for the cheapest possible.

Back