• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell ... always problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ach3r0n

I have been ordering from Dell for roughly 7-8 years now. I never buy anything Dell-branded but occasionally they have some really sweet deals on other items and I can't pass them up. Unfortunately I have yet to receive 1 single order from them without some issue.

My last order was probably about a year ago. I got a Canon camera that developed a stuck wheel within 3 days of purchase. I called Dell who told me they offer no warranty whatsoever on non-Dell products and referred me to Canon. Canon sorted me out and all was well but it took a couple weeks time and I was pretty ticked off that Dell left me hanging considering I just got a $200+ camera that was useless after 3 days.

This time I ordered a Samsung 23" LCD. I received it today and it was DOA. No damage to the box or anything. It simply doesn't turn on at all. I even tried my old power cord (same power specs) thinking maybe it's just a bad cable. Nope. Dead.

I called Dell and maneuvered my way through the automated system. I got a person who I could actually understand which was a nice change of pace from my past Dell experiences. I told her the LCD as DOA and she said 'I'm sorry.' That's it. Customer service is supposed to feign sympathy but she didn't even attempt it. I would reprimand my employees for sure it but OK the main thing is that I get the replacement without a hassle. She confirmed all of my details and the new LCD shoudl be on the way soon. I am hoping the replacement works.

I have yet to ever order anything from Dell without having to wait months for its arrival, send it to the manufacturer for repair or send it back to Dell for DOA. Since it is only fair to offer compliments as well as criticism, I give them credit for the no-hassle replacement order and quick response.

They never have sympothy or seem to care at all. Dells customer support is crap! Im so sick of dealing with these companies, it makes me want to stop building computers for good.

Back