• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Perfect Netbook for my needs...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
did even more research and found the samsung N110, looks almost perfect for my needs but it is a little pricey...

N110 has a glossy screen, that may not be the best one for classrooms due to lighting.

The 901 is decent but pretty small in terms of keyboard. You will definitely want to try it out.

A bit bigger than you want but you should look for a used Dell D420/430. Or perhaps the new Dell Mini 10v.

The Asus Eeepc 1000he is perfect for your need IMO. It defiantly has the best keyboard of the bunch by far. I routinely get 6 hr 50min charges on it. Its got the newer n280 processor (which isn't that much of a benefit, but its got some bragging rights). 160gb HDD. 3 USB, and an amazing touch pad. I'm so used to the multi-touch features I often don't bother with a mouse. With a slight overclock (for mine around 1.9 ghz) I can play most pj64 games, and watch 720p movies. Also before I powered it up for the first time I put in a 2GB stick of ram.

I also have win7 installed which I strongly recommend. Although it does tax the CPU more and slows down video intensive apps. It makes up for in ease of use, and the amazing task bar which really saves space. Also the new explorer is great.

Typing is a breeze on this guy. Honestly, the "chiclet" keyboard is the main reason why I bought the 1000he.

Well Looks like in June these will be coming out, little pricey
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/25/lenovos-449-ideapad-s12-first-netbook-with-nvidias-ion-chips/

I have been waiting on getting a netbook till their were available with the NVIDIA® ION chip set. I'm looking in your price range too.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sff_ion.html

Well that looks like a 12" notebook almost, for netbook purposes, i don't need an upgraded graphics card, etc. or hdmi out or 1080p, kinda pointless for my use. (not to bag you) just saying, but thanks for the link!! I will look into it a bit more but for now i need something a little more "simple". Question: how would the ion upgrade suite my needs better????

N110 has a glossy screen, that may not be the best one for classrooms due to lighting.

The 901 is decent but pretty small in terms of keyboard. You will definitely want to try it out.

A bit bigger than you want but you should look for a used Dell D420/430. Or perhaps the new Dell Mini 10v.

Yeah the N110's glossy screen is probably one of the only things holding me back, especially in a classroom I am not really sure how it would turn out. Definitely the 9'' notebooks are out of the questions...

The Asus Eeepc 1000he is perfect for your need IMO. It defiantly has the best keyboard of the bunch by far. I routinely get 6 hr 50min charges on it. Its got the newer n280 processor (which isn't that much of a benefit, but its got some bragging rights). 160gb HDD. 3 USB, and an amazing touch pad. I'm so used to the multi-touch features I often don't bother with a mouse. With a slight overclock (for mine around 1.9 ghz) I can play most pj64 games, and watch 720p movies. Also before I powered it up for the first time I put in a 2GB stick of ram.

I also have win7 installed which I strongly recommend. Although it does tax the CPU more and slows down video intensive apps. It makes up for in ease of use, and the amazing task bar which really saves space. Also the new explorer is great.

Typing is a breeze on this guy. Honestly, the "chiclet" keyboard is the main reason why I bought the 1000he.

That is my second top choice, and maybe even my first (cuz of the n110's glossy screen). The only thing that somewhat concerns me is the size, and the weight. any comments on it? compared to other netbooks of course. it is slightly thicker and 3.2lbs. around .5 pounds heavier. what do you have to say about that?

question; are you able to watch youtube videos smoothly, and movies, etc?

Last edited:
Back