• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my Asus p6T Deluxe today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Man this is one nice looking mobo.I cant wait to install it and finally get to run this i7 920 D0 with a good OC.Any advice will be greatly appreicated.Also im considering getting the Prolimatech Megahalem.Do you guys think its worth it or just stick with my TRUE and get some better fans.Im already using 77cfm yateloons in p/p with two Thermalright fan holders and it looks cool.But i think i could be getting better temps.The TRUE is Lapped so maybe i just need to reseat it a few times but im running low on TIM.What thermalpaste should i get?Maybe some MX-2?

Also gonna try some more OCing on the MSI board before i pull it.I think i can get 4.0ghz on it stable with more voltages.I found a little guide on OCing the MSI X58 Platinum SLI on the MSI forums which im gonna try

Last edited:
Man this is one nice looking mobo.I cant wait to install it and finally get to run this i7 920 D0 with a good OC.Any advice will be greatly appreicated.Also im considering getting the Prolimatech Megahalem.Do you guys think its worth it or just stick with my TRUE and get some better fans.Im already using 77cfm yateloons in p/p with two Thermalright fan holders and it looks cool.But i think i could be getting better temps.The TRUE is Lapped so maybe i just need to reseat it a few times but im running low on TIM.What thermalpaste should i get?Maybe some MX-2?

Also gonna try some more OCing on the MSI board before i pull it.I think i can get 4.0ghz on it stable with more voltages.I found a little guide on OCing the MSI X58 Platinum SLI on the MSI forums which im gonna try

Hey Gigabit test your max bclk please...I have two Asus i7 boards and they both top out at 220. EVGA classified seems to get 230+

Hey Gigabit test your max bclk please...I have two Asus i7 boards and they both top out at 220. EVGA classified seems to get 230+
Will do.Ill be switching case's today then i will start OCing with this board.May have to get with you for some help as im not having much luck overclocking and im not to fimilar with the Asus bios

No problem. Asus boards are very user friendly in the OC department, u will see:beer: You will love that board, it is stable as a rock, even when the CPU is not :D

That combo is dead simple to overclock.
Turn off the CPU features and set the multi to 20.
Bclock to 200, give a couple notches up on the IOH to start (but you might not need that at all). Ditto with the VDIMM, I upped it to 1.75v just to take it out of the equation to start, then decrease afterward. If you have trouble keeping RAM stable at the settings you want to use, try adding a notch or two more on the Uncore (PCI/DRAM Voltage in that BIOS).
Give 1.3v on the CPU to start and whittle down. With that CPU you should be able to run that overclock at ~1.25ish volts, maybe lower. VTT at 1.9v, seemed to help when trying to get everything folding stable, but for benching/gaming it was not needed.
Decrease to lowest possible voltages once you have it all stable.
Of course, if you want to overclock in increments, that's your choice. I just crank it right up by 50Mhz increments till I get to my target, but that's me.
There is a vcore reduction switch near the bottom as well. I always turn that on for my purposes, but is not generally needed.
Memory overclocking is easy as pie, as there are only so many options you can pick for frequency at any given bclock, and the timings section is pretty much like any other BIOS you have used.

I was lucky and Brolloks left his settings in profile when he sold me his P6T-Deluxe and 920. All he had increased was Bclock and Vcore. lol :)
I tried some other settings to get it higher, and for the most part it worked. But for 4GHz you barely have to do anything. Seriously.

I can't remember the BIOS for the P6T verbatim because I've been focusing on the Award BIOS for this bloodrage, but if you have any questions let me know. I spent alot of time on that board and I'm sure my memory can be jogged easilly.

Last edited:
Sorry guys i havent had time this week to play with it.Hopefully this weekend .I did have it at 4.3ghz foa bitt but man the temps where outragous.I need to reset my H/S and see if that helps and maybe lap the IHS( i hate lapping my cpu's)

That board will overvolt the crap outta things if you left stuff at auto. Either way, the CPU will still run hotter than heck. Should not be a problem for some quick benchies though. I am curious as to what your max bclock is for a superPi run:D

I will be testing my Asus P6T Deluxe V2 today. The bios does look different since Im comming from a EVGA line of boards. Im still wondering if I should enable the extra juices of power from the jumpers.

I have almost your EXACT same build.

i7 920 D0 @ 3.9GHz
ASUS P6T Deluxe
3 x 2GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme w/ 2 Scythe SlipStream fans
600w OCZ ModXStream Pro
2 x XFX GTX 260 Black Edition
2 x 1TB WD Black
1 x 160GB OCZ SSD
CoolerMaser CM690

I have to say that I would recommend ANY of these parts. This is BY FAR my favorite build overall and I have had ZERO problems with it.

My favorite part is the Power Supply believe it or not. The OCZ ModXStream lets you plug in the power cords your need and not have to have extra cords all over. It makes cable management a breeze and I love that. I am very OCD about stuff looking clean.

Gigabit how are your temps? My temps on idle hover around high 20's degrees C.

Which I think is pretty damn low, but I have both heatsink and cpu lapped and with the Ultra 120 w/ two Scythe SlipStreams in a push/pull setup it should be. LOL.

I would love to see your benchmarks scores and get some more info on your temps, etc.

Anything you could tell me would be great. Since we are pretty close system and all.

I have almost your EXACT same build.

i7 920 D0 @ 3.9GHz
ASUS P6T Deluxe
3 x 2GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1600
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme w/ 2 Scythe SlipStream fans
600w OCZ ModXStream Pro
2 x XFX GTX 260 Black Edition
2 x 1TB WD Black
1 x 160GB OCZ SSD
CoolerMaser CM690

I have to say that I would recommend ANY of these parts. This is BY FAR my favorite build overall and I have had ZERO problems with it.

My favorite part is the Power Supply believe it or not. The OCZ ModXStream lets you plug in the power cords your need and not have to have extra cords all over. It makes cable management a breeze and I love that. I am very OCD about stuff looking clean.

Gigabit how are your temps? My temps on idle hover around high 20's degrees C.

Which I think is pretty damn low, but I have both heatsink and cpu lapped and with the Ultra 120 w/ two Scythe SlipStreams in a push/pull setup it should be. LOL.

I would love to see your benchmarks scores and get some more info on your temps, etc.

Anything you could tell me would be great. Since we are pretty close system and all.
My temps at idle hover from 28c to 37c just depends on my room temp.My TRUE is lapped but my IHS isnt and wont be until warranty is over.But i never keep my cpus that long..lol. Besides my regular TRUE(with two plastic Thermalright 120x25mm fan holders and 6 sets of wires clips.I have a Megalahem and for that i have two sets of 120x25mm wire clips and two more sets of 120x38mm wire clips for push/pull setups on it). I also have a copper TRUE which i will be testing soon along with my Megalehems and my orignal TRUE with some Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000's and some 88CFM yateloons vs my current 77cfm yateloons.Should be fun when i get the time to test them.

I was gonna test them on my GF's rig also but her cpu is idling at 26c and maxes at 45c with a Zalman 7000CNPS.Dam those E8200 Extra spices run cool.A TRUE couldnt really do much better than that for that cpu

Last edited:
Yeah I thought about trying the Ultra Kaze's, but I try hard to keep the noise down as much as I can. I use thermalright sound dampener so it's not too bad. I hear the Kaze's sound like a jet.

How is the CM Storm Sniper? It's a good looking case. I don't buy anything but Cooler Master. I love the CM690. It stays VERY cold and doesn't look to "moddy". I like stuff to just look clean.

Well i just built a system back in my CM 690 for my GF and i thnk i prefer it to the Sniper.The Sniper is huge. And easy to build with with. But the CM 690 is just a nicer looking case .But I do have a window coming for it this week which will probably make my temps go up a few degree's but should make the case look alot better imho.I dont like the mesh side panel at all

Just ordered an I7 and a p6T Deluxe V2 myself and 6G of Corsair Dominator 1600 ram in a combo yesterday and sticking it in here, I wondered where you'd gotten of to and when you were gonna test all those CPU coolers out gigabit.

I didn't know that's what you were up to, imagine that hehe.

Gonna just stick my copper on here I guess, got one of those C-Factor Antec PSU's Oklahoma has been using finally also, to stick in the 1200 :)

:beer:

Last edited:
Just havent had time to do everything i wanted to..lolEverything is still sittting here til i get around to to.I will get around to it soon though seriously

Ordered a CM HAF when I got the other stuff too and a couple other things myself, figured I might as well build that one my sister-in laws boyfriend was on the fence about and another little one with spare stuff.

If he doesn't want it Ill try to sell the whole thing and make a few bucks back I guess, have enough stuff laying around doing nothing, will have to upgrade the wifes again, too.

Was tempted to try the HAF out myself, but I've the 1200 tweaked pretty well now, and want to try that PSU out :)

Ok sorry rattling on, laters.

:beer:

Back