• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga nforce 750i sli ftw northbridge temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheesemaster2.0

Registered
hi im wondering whats the max temperature for the 750i ftw northbridge, when i do some overclocking with it it gets way hot and im wondering if anyone knows the max temperature? temperatures are pretty high even at idle.
idle,84 °C (183 °F)
load,98 °C (208 °F)

Attachments

• holy **** massage.jpg
    holy **** massage.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2,243
There's an issue with software programs reading the SPP temp. incorrectly on 750i boards. If you're not already, either try the latest 1.14 version of HWMonitor, the latest version of Everest, or check in the Hardware Monitor section of the BIOS for the correct SPP temp.

hello.

If the front case fans you have are not very good, these will make a huge differnece in case temps. Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120MM Fan 1900RPM 110.3CFM 37DBA

Put them back to back wherever you can. Oh, they are a bit noisey at high RPM(quieter then most), but air cooling comes with noise wether you like it, or not.

or its may be the solution

Ask your motherboard tech support where the sensor (it should be listed in the bios) exactly is on the motherboard and what it is susposed to be measuing before anyone gets too alarmed over any temps.

Also the sensor monitoring chips used on the motherboard sometimes have more sensor "ports" that installed sensors. Many times "temp programs" will read that unused port and give wildly "insane" readings etc.

On newly released motherboards expect later bios releases to "adjust" sensor reporting code so that in the bios the temp can change by large amounts from bios to bios as the manufacturer tries to improve the accuracy, (or reduce support calls from users).

Back