• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebay/paypal..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanmartini

I was wondering if there are any ebayers here. Right now I have been having a hard time with people. It seems they just enjoy making their paypal hover in the inactive/hold space FOREVER. Well after the product is received.

Is anyone else doing anything to circumvent this? I was thinking using google checkout via my site after the auction ends. Im just getting REALLY tired with people not leaving feedback and the funds not releasing. :mad:

Thanks for any advice,

-Ryan

Not sure I get you on the Paypal bit ... are you sending an item before payment is received?

As for the feedback, forget it. I trade/sell computer hardware on a regular basis at a forum dedicated to this and I'm lucky if I get feedback from 10% of the transactions. Most people only see the need to take the time if they want to complain.

Not sure I get you on the Paypal bit ... are you sending an item before payment is received?

As for the feedback, forget it. I trade/sell computer hardware on a regular basis at a forum dedicated to this and I'm lucky if I get feedback from 10% of the transactions. Most people only see the need to take the time if they want to complain.

No, now paypal has a new *protection* mechanism so that the seller cannot access the money sent via paypal until the buyer signs on and verifies it or after 21 days.. :temper:

I got delivery confirmation on all my stuff, so I hope when it gets there, it auto releases, because this new feature is crap. Cant turn around any products, now it takes a week+ just to have access to your own money.

I did some more research on the matter and FINALLY got someone at paypal who would talk to me. Apparently my item was classified as a "high risk" item from unknown criteria that is..

Well I am done with paypal.

Last edited:
It will release when the delivery is confirmed, be sure to either use Paypal for the shipping or enter the tracking number in Paypal.

Let me guess - you haven't done any eBay Paypal sales for a while? Because a while ago I hadn't done any for a long time and they started doing this in the mean time. After a few confirmed shipments the payment no longer had a hold.

It will release when the delivery is confirmed, be sure to either use Paypal for the shipping or enter the tracking number in Paypal.

Let me guess - you haven't done any eBay Paypal sales for a while? Because a while ago I hadn't done any for a long time and they started doing this in the mean time. After a few confirmed shipments the payment no longer had a hold.

Yeah that sounds about right, Thanks for the info MadMan.

I had the same issue, I was furious. I had $600 on hold. Give them a call after it has been confirmed delivereda nd they will release it.

Even though it showed delivered, paypal still didnt release it via the internet, I had to call.

I haven't had the issue but I outright refuse to ship without a confirmed Paypal address. I have seen too many Paypal accounts audited while Paypal tries to verify delivery of goods. Is this just on unconfirmed addresses?

as madman was saying it has part to do with your account status. i googled it cause my friend was having that problem. its mainly on new accounts, high risk items, and how many negatives you/ they get. ive been very active on ebay lately with good feedback and have never had to wait with paypal. well except for a couple years ago they held 9grand for a month or 2... @#$%^&^

I have had my account for over 5 years, with no problems ever. Verified premier member in good standing. Its a joke and embarrassing to all people who have been great paypal members for years.

And you have to ship the item. You get the money deposited into your account, but its on "hold". The money is yours, you just cant access it. You have no choice but to ship the item or they get a refund.

I have had my account for over 5 years, with no problems ever. Verified premier member in good standing. Its a joke and embarrassing to all people who have been great paypal members for years.

And you have to ship the item. You get the money deposited into your account, but its on "hold". The money is yours, you just cant access it. You have no choice but to ship the item or they get a refund.

Yeah I get the idea behind it, but its a load of **** when you are newer to selling ebay and you dont have tons of feedback. From what the sales rep sold me @ paypal, this **** will continue at random as *high risk* item criteria has not been released and he couldnt give me a straight answer on what the criteria was.

So now basically with me moving to ebay selling phones and whatnot, Im going to get pegged with this bull****. Its really hampering my turn around time, all in all, this thing is HORRIBLE for new people to ebay. Hopefully after the next 5-10 sales it will subside.

I shipped the item usps priority and paypal's tracking mechanism is hooked to it effectively. Im hoping this guy wasnt as much of a prick as the last one.

Back