• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please HELP me from not throwing this MOBO in the pool!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmgonza6

Registered
So I am all excited when my nice shiny new Asus Maximus Formula II arrived, get it installed, and it looks nice! My wallet doesn't anymore but hey what can I do. So I give this lovely expensive mobo a try, and nothing! It tells me no bootmgr can be found to alt+ctrl+del to restart. Or it may tell me that "Marvell 8821xx Adapter is initializing and my LCD poster says INIT ROM:bang head Whats going on? I have looked in the book and that thing will be burned not drowned... I have work to do tonight and thought this was going to be quick and painless...I hate computers... I gues 250 doesnt buy quality.:-/ Thanks in advance to everyone!

Joe

By the way I took a drive around the block thinking I was being impatient, and it still hung at those phrases, both with blinking underscores. By the way my system is 4GB Mushkin ddr21066 maybe, Asus Mximus Formula II, Q9650, GTX260 C216, Sony IDE dvd/cd rw drive, 1 500gb SATA HDD. Thanks again.

Joe

Whoo! I got it working, found out it was my 2 stick of ram being a pest. I removed it, installed Vista 32bit, got her going and put the ram back in afterwards. I then ran into a problem with "speedtech" running my Q9650 at only 1.6 and ~1.07 VCORE. Now I have everything tightened up. So far so good on temps, avg. ~ 25C on all cores at 1.2 VCORE. I am still on the stock intel cooler so no OC just yet, but will be doing some gaming/benching tonight to see how much of a difference I have from the old setup. (5000+ BE @ 3.0GHZ & 4GB DDR2-800.

To MARCI, which of those options should I choose?

Joe

It's supposed to run at low clock speed when there isn't a load on the cpu, saves power and reduces temp while at idle. Put a load on it and it'll go back up to full speed.

Back