• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc power & cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

P-nut

Hi all!

After 15 months my 750 watt silencer psu went bad.I came home yesterday to turn my pc and nothing, got to looking around and I noticed that the leds on my case fans were blinking, I knew it was the psu right then, thank god I had a 650 watt corsair psu in another machine, I took it out and put it in my main rig and she booted right up, what I'm wanting to know is how is pc p&c's support I submitted an rma request on the website and haven't heard anything yet, also this psu has a 5 year warranty and I have only had it for 15 months.

Sorry to read about your loss. IMHO PC Power & Cooling units are top notch in my book. Never had one fail on me. On the other hand, like any electronic component, it will fail at some point. Question is when.

PC Power & Cooling is now owned by OCZ.

You can give them a call and go thru the RMA. They'll fix you up right

http://www.ocztechnology.com/support/

Good luck and keep us posted-

they are pretty good about RMA, no big hassle. i send mine in and got it back about 10 days later. mine died last month after about two years use. good stuff thou

they are pretty good about RMA, no big hassle. i send mine in and got it back about 10 days later. mine died last month after about two years use. good stuff thou

Good to hear, Thanks.

I'm in the process of RMA'ing right now. According to the RMA tracking it looks like they didn't even check the damaged one, they just approved it and sent me a new one.

OCZ is terrible about RMAs. There are numerous reports on these forums (myself included) who were sent a lesser model to replace a dead OCZ PSU. I hope they are better about the PCP&C products for your sake. :(

Thanks for the input guys, I sent the bad unit off yesterday, according to Fedex's website it will arrive Monday.

I hope to hell I dont get a refurbed unit back, thats bs!!

Don't bypass the language filter...it's there for a reason.

Luta

Last edited by a moderator:
My first one was a S470 -still going today. 11 S610s and 4 750s later - I have had one S610 failure and it wasn't even the power supply's fault.
PC P&C was nice enough to replace it for me.
They have excellent support.

I've never done an RMA, but that is most likely what you will be getting back. Otherwise they would have to fix yours, and you would have to wait until it was fixed to be shipped back to you. Them doing it this way really is for everyone's benefit.

I've never done an RMA, but that is most likely what you will be getting back. Otherwise they would have to fix yours, and you would have to wait until it was fixed to be shipped back to you. Them doing it this way really is for everyone's benefit.

I always liked pc&c but I'll go with corsair from now on.

although i got my pc&c back in a decent time, just couldn't wait that long and got me a replacement. i went with the corsair tx850.
it's still in the system and the pc&c is sitting next to it.
i do plan thou to put it in another system .. sometime soon

I rma'ed my 850ssi last year. About 2 week turn around. I got the exact same unit back unrepaired and no paperwork indicating any repairs or testing performed. Bought a corsair.

I got my Silencer RMA back today. It looks like they sent me a new one, although the idiots did such a crappy job of packing it, with the only insulation consisting of a small rolled up piece of paper that I'm sure it was shaking in the box for the entire 3000+ kilometer journey.

It absolutely ****es me off that they give a very detailed instruction list of how to ship packages to them, but then they don't follow the guidelines themselves. :rolleyes: :mad::mad::mad:

My server is asking for a PSU, so I suppose I'll have to test it out and see how it goes.

After 2 weeks of them having the old one, I'm finally receiving the replaced unit Wednesday, will update what I recieve.

I do know this for sure now, I will never buy another PC power & cooling psu!!!

Back