• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P vs Asus P5Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

I just noticed that both Mobo's seem great, and have nothing but rave reviews. If someone was not running Raid, just wanted a dependable board with a nice Overclock (provided you have nice Ram, Cpu, cooling etc) which one would you guys recommend? I recently bought a E8600 from a forum member in great standing, and im still researching which board has been a better overclocker, in terms of stability and performance.

Ok, not so much as which you would recommend, but i want the results of anyone's attempts and their gripes and complaints about either board.

Thanks sooo much. Reading 900+ posts (both Mobos)is just ALOT of research, but i suppose that if my boss is not at work, thats what i will be doing tomorrow if i dont get many hits on this thread!

Thanks again guys!

UD3P is my personal favourite. Asus includes bloatware, etc. With the latest firmwares, the UD3P conquers where the P5Q may leave you short. basically, if you were around in the AMD days, UD3P is the new nf4 SLI-DR... and you want one.

At one point I had both the P5Q-E and UD3P. Both are great board and applied great oc when setup right. Both at stock the UD3P seem to run a little warmer on the northbridge than the P5Q-E (OC underload the UD3P at around 43c and P5Q-E at 34c). I only have a 65nm Quad (Q6600) and for some reason the P5Q-E clock higher than the UD3P. I get 475fsb x 8 (3800) fully stable (LinX 25+ pass and 12+ hours of prime95 64-bit) on the P5Q-E, whereas I could only get around 463fsb x8 stable on the UD3P. From what I heard the UD3P really shine when it comes to 45nm proc. Since you have the E8600 I would probably go with the UD3P after seeing very good result from people with that cpu. Really, you can't go wrong with either board just get whatever cheaper. Good luck!

I have a P5Q-E and a UD3P, the P5Q-E has better OCing options IMO, and it runs my Q6700 at 3.8 without breaking a sweat. The UD3P is running an E8400 at 4ghz easily too, but I don't like the gigabyte bios. It's a matter of personal choice.

Hrm, I suppose I may have picked wrong. I had a hell of a time trying to find reviews on anything from the P5Q series. I didn't pick it in th end because I couldn't figure out which one of the ones available I might have wanted. There's just that MANY P5Q's out there.

I think the UD3P would be the best board if you were using a 45nm quad, that is where it truly shines. For a dual core there are many good boards out there including the UD3P and the ASUS board.

I just buyed my second P5Q for an E5200 HTPC build.

Cheap and GOOOOD. This board can be found for 100-125$ here in canada. I dont need the CF or any other version of the P5Q ... i just need the P45 :) + rock solid caps + 8 phase

Back