• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte EP-45 Extreme no post? is my Q66 Dead :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

had a fail mid boot then booted fine and I pressed the sleep button on the keyboard by accident while picking it upand now its not fireing up.

board lights up fine and GPU has the go light but no display or post beep just powers and keeps reseting without stopping all together.

think I may have clocked my CPU to death!

gonna pull everything all drives and try both sticks of ram seperate, reseting bios (dual bios) hasnt worked.

just the no post senario seems like a nackerd CPU senario...
any suggestions?

well broke it down to components level and nothing obvious to worry about... think my CPU may have checked out :(
I`ll change stuff to how I wanted it in the case and then re-build introducing each component at a time and see if it boots at any point.

Killing CPUs is very rare. Did you try a CMOS reset, letting it sit overnight for at least a few hours in reset mode if needed?

Indeed. I would try a clear cmos overnight by removing the cmos battery from the board. Be sure the psu is disconnected from the board as well.

Back