• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can the Asus P5Q SE Plus OC the Intel E5200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MasterChief1128

Registered
Been reading around a bit and am still stumped by the this. On newegg for RAM it says the P5Q supports 1200 (oc) and 1066 or something. I'm planning on getting this - http://m.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

Will all of these work together for a good overclock? I have one of the old school giant zalman heatsinks that's solid copper.

Does this seem like a good upgrade? My current system is athlon 2500+, abit nf7-s, 2gb ddr ram.

Thanks in advance guys!

The P5Q SE is an Overkill for a E5200 ;) but im building a similar PC for an HTPC but with a standard P5Q.

The E5200 wont go higher than 320-330 FSB and the P5Q can reach over 500 EZ. So the mobo WONT never ever be the bottleneck ...

P5Q are rocksolid. The SE is a lower end one but its still a solid platform if you aim at doing some OC on the cute E5200.

For the RAM. NM the ram you take, you just have to tweek in bios in order to acheive the speed you want. Change the FSB ratio and other things.

Back