• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hex and pox on Newegg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
I thought I had this posted but it seems to have vanished and my browser history doesn't show such post so I may have used preview by accident :-/

At just before 3 AM EDT, I was set to order a Samsung 1TB hard drive that was previously marked at $79.99 plus -$5 discount. But when I was going through the payment process, I noticed it went up to $99.99 without a warning. I was just about to commit the payment.

When I checked back, it was raised to $99.99 with no discount. :mad::mad:

It was still $99.99 with no discount when I left at 9 AM EDT

So why did Newegg stealth raise price? I can understand dropping the $5 discount as a short term sale but there was no explanation given for raising regular price $20.

Ijust checked a short while ago, it is still $99.99 but with $15 discount.

Attachments

• newegg_bad.jpg
    newegg_bad.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 288
Happened to me once , i opened up live chat that same minute , told what just have happened to me , as i was just about to make the purchase when price have raised 20 bucks , i was asked to wait for few minutes the representative confirmed with her manager that price indeed has just changed and they took 20 dollars off my order .

Newegg is really nice if you talk to them . I love newegg :D

They also upped their RAM prices by 10%+ just before the 15% off sale. They do these things. hehe

Happened to me once , i opened up live chat that same minute , told what just have happened to me , as i was just about to make the purchase when price have raised 20 bucks , i was asked to wait for few minutes the representative confirmed with her manager that price indeed has just changed and they took 20 dollars off my order .

Newegg is really nice if you talk to them . I love newegg :D

i had the same thing happened to me once, :clap:
52f549e74f6059b69557d6453e800cc3684b2dac.jpg
to newegg support

Back