• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce 780 sli MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bagpus

Hi All,

Not OC related.. but I am hoping someone can help me.

I am using an XFX nforce 780sli MB. I know that in the design of this MB, in a rush to get a PCIe 2.0 compliant board on the market, nvidia included an extra chip (nforce 200) associated with the NB (SPP) chip that provided data paths for TWO PCIe 2.0 slots on the MB. The board is actually equipped with 3 slots and the documentation does not tell you which two slots are 2.0 compliant.

I am going to be using dual gpu's, so want to make sure I use the two best slots. Anyone know anything about this?

I am assuming the correct slots are the one nearest the NB chipset and the one furthest away from the NB chipset.. but just want to make sure!!!

Bagpus

Use the top slot and the bottom slot. The 2 way SLI Bridge should skip the center slot, only the 3way will include it.

Use the top slot and the bottom slot. The 2 way SLI Bridge should skip the center slot, only the 3way will include it.

Nice :clap:, i was wanting to know about that as well. (Running the Evga 780i FTW).

Back